Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Longneck

Re: Streambar blinking orange light and forces initial setup

Jump to solution

Mine has stopped also, installed new router, it will not connect to the new one, did factory re set, nothing, so I own a brick now, yes I powered it down, yet I paired remote, it says my password for my network is incorrect, I set it up, the password is correct. Now what?

0 Kudos
Namefast
Channel Surfer

Re: Flashing Orange Light

Jump to solution

Hey just a heads up in this blinking light issue. Specially if it’s a new sound bar on a Roku TV. Plug the sound bar in a standard hdmi non-arc port first and go through the setup to connect it to the internet and perform the updates. Then connect it to the correct hdmi-arc port and pair the remote to the tv. If you pair the remote to the tv first you cannot control the sound bar to get it setup. However if this happens just hold the reset on the back of the sound bar and it will ask you to pair the remote again.

Eirualmac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Has anyone received a fix/solution?

my streambar worked fine then poof- orange blinking light. Have done all the normal (power, reset, reset modem/gateway/router….etc) cannot get back on WiFi, 

yes, restarted gateway, all devises are fine through WiFi, only this streambar. 

0 Kudos
Namefast
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Go back on here and find my post. You basically need to setup the stream bar like you are going to use it for your streaming device. The Roku device needs to be setup in the bar. This is why it is blinking.

0 Kudos
Eirualmac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

it will not connect to WiFi.

streambar is connected to a tv. 

Yes, the password is correct.

yes, the gateway/router/modem is working(-all other devices like cell phones & other Roku tv, are fine)

yes, everything (devices, modem,router,gateway)have  been restarted/reset(factory),

streambar was working fine, then just quit & began blinking orange & errors indicate cannot connect to WiFi.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Eirualmac

Thanks for the post.

Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Streambar to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue? If you are able to connect to the hotspot, then the issue would appear to be with your Home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Eirualmac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny- now I know where to go - I’ll chase down help from xfinity. Very odd this is the only device that has issue!

0 Kudos
takalevy
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Streambar Blinking Orange Light?

Jump to solution

I had some cockpit issues.  I picked up the wrong remote (wasn't even a Roku remote) and the Streambar didn't blink.  It was connected to a Roku TV so I did a factory reset.

Afterwards I got a blinking orange light and I couldn't get rid of it.  I didn't know what it meant but after reading this thread I realized that I'd dropped the network connections.  I found the correct remote, went through the setup procedures and everything worked fine.

My suggestion would be to publish what a blinking orange light means.

TCL55 and 65 inch Roku TV's.
VNaveen1
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Streambar Blinking Orange Light?

Jump to solution
HOW TO TURN OFF LED'S LIGHT 
  1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Access the LED setting using the appropriate step below: On a Roku TV, select Power and then Standby LED. ...
  5. Select off.
Huey

Re: Flashing Orange Light

Jump to solution

This worked for me.  I was stuck on blinking orange light with 2 options, retry or setup network.  I wanted to select setup network, but it would never select that option.  The device just kept rebooting back to the same place.  Even unplugging and resetting kept coming back to the same place.

0 Kudos