Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Artis2010
Reel Rookie

Roku Soundbar 'resets' after being powered off

Working on a ProSoundbar.  It has been hooked up to a Samsung TV for the last 2+ years without issues.

Last week, it suddenly started to have 'no signal' when I booted it up (turned on the TV and the Soundbar pro through the Roku Remote).  I would get the ROKU homescreen for a few, it would blink as if trying to connect and then suddently it will go to no-signal.

If I unplug the Soundbar and plug it back in; then it will work fine; but only until the next time I power off.

I have tried switching out the HDMI cable

I have tried power cycling both the TV and the Soundbar

I have tried a full factory reset on the Soundbar

Any ideas on what might have caused this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Soundbar 'resets' after being powered off

Hi, @Artis2010.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about having an issue with your streaming device showing no signal.

Have you tried connecting your streaming device to another TV to see if the issue persists? Also, when did the issue happen?

In the meantime, you may try to enable one-touch play on your streaming device.

Here's how:

1. Press the Home button on the Roku remote
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Control Other Devices (CEC)
  5. Highlight 1-touch play and check the box to enable it

Also, if you do not see a picture after pressing a button on your Roku remote, it is possible that your player cannot "wake up" your TV over the HDMI connection. To fix this, make sure that HDMI-CEC is enabled on your TV.

Furthermore, you may visit this support article on what to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku streaming player on your TV

We'll wait for your response.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Artis2010
Reel Rookie

I tried what was indicated below with no success.

i will need to try and hook it up to a second TV to see if the behavior is limited to the TV or not.

Is there a way to attach a short video to show what is happening?

0 Kudos
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Artis2010.

Thanks for getting back to us! 

To send us a video, you may attach it to a Google Drive and send it via DM. Please click here on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send this user a private message" to contact us privately.

We'll wait for your response.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.