TalleysCabins
Reel Rookie

Roku Pro TV, with Front/Rear/subwoofer

Jump to solution

Hi.  I know this will be a fairly easy question for an Audio Tech, but I am a little old and outdated so need to check.  I have a Roku Pro TV, 4 Roku Speakers, 1 Roku Subwoofer.

Problem:  TV will not allow me to connect the rear speakers because one pair is already connected.  I am guessing I need the Roku Soundbar (which is what I use to call a center channel).

This is what I am trying to get to:  1 Pair Front, 1 Pair Rear, 1 Subwoofer.

Do I need the Roku Soundbar to make this happen?  If so, I assume the soundbar performs as a center channel which to me makes it a 5.1.  (the ".1" is the subwoofer and the "5" represents, 2 in the front, 2 in the rear and one center.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Pro TV, with Front/Rear/subwoofer

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community, @TalleysCabins!

We understand that you want to set up a 5.1 sound configuration on your Roku devices, and we're here to assist you with this. 

The following information pertains to the setup and functionality of the Roku surround sound system. Before assembling your Roku sound systemdetermine if you have a Roku TV system and what Roku audio devices you have. After you know what devices you have, refer to the sections below for the configurations available for your TV.

Stereo sound with a Roku TV system: 

If you have a Roku TV system, including a Roku Select Series HD TVRoku Select Series 4K TVRoku Plus Series TV, or Roku Pro Series TV, you can set up stereo sound with one of the configurations below.

Surround sound with a Roku Plus Series or Roku Pro Series TV:

Suppose you have a Roku Plus Series TV or Roku Pro Series TV besides the stereo sound configurations above. In that case, you can also set up surround sound using one of the configurations below.

Roku sound system with a Roku Streambar SE:

If you do not have a Roku TV system, you can set up a Roku sound system using a Roku Streambar® SE in one of the configurations below.

Roku sound system with any TV

If you do not have a Roku TV system, you can only set up a Roku sound system using a Roku Streambar or Roku Streambar Pro in one of the configurations below.

The latest information shows that to access additional surround sound configurations on a Roku TV system, such as 3.1 and 5.1 surround sound, you will require the Roku Streambar or Roku Streambar Pro. It's important to note that these devices have their own operating systems and cannot be added to your Roku TV as one. Our recommendation is to utilize the Roku Streambar since the Roku Streambar SE won't work.

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately. If the above does not fix your issue, reply to this message, and we will gladly follow up.

Thanks,
Jharra
Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Pro TV, with Front/Rear/subwoofer

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community, @TalleysCabins!

We understand that you want to set up a 5.1 sound configuration on your Roku devices, and we're here to assist you with this. 

The following information pertains to the setup and functionality of the Roku surround sound system. Before assembling your Roku sound systemdetermine if you have a Roku TV system and what Roku audio devices you have. After you know what devices you have, refer to the sections below for the configurations available for your TV.

Stereo sound with a Roku TV system: 

If you have a Roku TV system, including a Roku Select Series HD TVRoku Select Series 4K TVRoku Plus Series TV, or Roku Pro Series TV, you can set up stereo sound with one of the configurations below.

Surround sound with a Roku Plus Series or Roku Pro Series TV:

Suppose you have a Roku Plus Series TV or Roku Pro Series TV besides the stereo sound configurations above. In that case, you can also set up surround sound using one of the configurations below.

Roku sound system with a Roku Streambar SE:

If you do not have a Roku TV system, you can set up a Roku sound system using a Roku Streambar® SE in one of the configurations below.

Roku sound system with any TV

If you do not have a Roku TV system, you can only set up a Roku sound system using a Roku Streambar or Roku Streambar Pro in one of the configurations below.

The latest information shows that to access additional surround sound configurations on a Roku TV system, such as 3.1 and 5.1 surround sound, you will require the Roku Streambar or Roku Streambar Pro. It's important to note that these devices have their own operating systems and cannot be added to your Roku TV as one. Our recommendation is to utilize the Roku Streambar since the Roku Streambar SE won't work.

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately. If the above does not fix your issue, reply to this message, and we will gladly follow up.

Thanks,
Jharra
Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.