Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku ONN tv brightness issue

Jump to solution

We just bought the tv yesterday and it’s a 24 inch Roku Onn tv. We travel in a 18 wheeler and I had to do a software update yesterday. The brightness was working fine then today it shows a black screen and I have to shine my flashlight on it to see everything. The brightness is all the way up on the settings, but the tv is showing a black screen with the tv on. Called customer support and they pretty much told me to go and replace it for another one. We have restarted and factory reset but it seems like nothing is helping 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku ONN tv brightness issue

Jump to solution

If you just bought it, take it back.  It sounds like the backlight has already failed which seems to be a common occurrence with these TVs.  You may be able to get it to come back on by turning the brightness down and then cycling the power.  I'm starting to think that having the brightness cranked up all the way is causing these things to fail.

You can also contact Onn support at this link here

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you just bought it, take it back.  It sounds like the backlight has already failed which seems to be a common occurrence with these TVs.  You may be able to get it to come back on by turning the brightness down and then cycling the power.  I'm starting to think that having the brightness cranked up all the way is causing these things to fail.

You can also contact Onn support at this link here

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kim12345

Jump to solution

I have it 0NN TV. For months it sat in my other room because I felt the back light went out. Well today I was getting ready to throughout the TV and I said try it one more time. I tried it I fixed it. Make sure your Roku is on HDMI one. Hold down the start button in the back of the TV for 15 to 20 seconds.I would put my flashlight on the screen and see the images in the background. And I almost threw this TV away today and now I’m able to watch the US open tennis men’s final. Because I fixed it I’m so happy. Don’t throw it away try it one more time use your flashlight use your remotes your Roku connector. This is a ON in Walmart TV 55 inches. And I now don’t have to go buy an extra TV

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.