Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvengerJFB
Binge Watcher

ROKU TCL / Denon HD-CEC broke

I have two TCL TVs (Series 4 and 6) and 2 Denon receivers. Both receivers have stopped functioning. They are recognized by the TV because Control TV with Remote works and says Active but eARC is listed as Inactive. I can control the volume on the TV and it transfers to the AVR correctly. They also work if plugged into the CONSOLE port to show the config menu of the AVRs. But I have no sound, even in the TCL ROKU TV menu.

My second TV broke during troubleshooting. It was working but then I swapped both amps and now both aren't working. My 3rd TV is OK for now and I'm afraid to unplug the eARC on that one at all.

I know its not a defect because its 2 TVs and I also have an ALTO soundbar here and the 2 TVs still recognize the Alto immediately when plugged in.

So whats going on ROKU/TCL? Why did you ban Denon amps? It was working flawlessly for the last 3-4 years.

I had to dust out the Toslink cables and I'm not particularly happy. At least it still works now, but my faith in ROKU products took a massive hit.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.