Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juanimoli
Reel Rookie

Roku Live TV and Channel not working

Jump to solution

Hi! I bought a Roku 4k Express in USA and tried it out there and worked perfectly. When I came back home to Argentina, plugged it and any channel in Roku TV shows a black screen and Roku Channel content does not load at all. Netflix and other apps works perfectly.

Things that I tried:

- System restart and wait 10 minutes

- Factory reset

- Different display settings such as type and referesh rate

- Different HDMI and USB ports and cables

- Plug the USB directly to a power source rather than the TV

Could it be a regional issue? Shouldn’t it work as the same in the USA?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Live TV and Channel not working

Jump to solution

It's a regional issue:

"Note: The Roku Channel is currently available in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom on Roku streaming devices, web, and mobile, and in Mexico on Roku streaming devices only."

https://support.roku.com/article/360007223934#!

Note that you may have other problems trying to use a Roku device that was set up in the U.S. outside of the U.S.  If you do, you should factory reset your Roku device, create a new Roku account in Argentina, and link the device to the new account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It's a regional issue:

"Note: The Roku Channel is currently available in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom on Roku streaming devices, web, and mobile, and in Mexico on Roku streaming devices only."

https://support.roku.com/article/360007223934#!

Note that you may have other problems trying to use a Roku device that was set up in the U.S. outside of the U.S.  If you do, you should factory reset your Roku device, create a new Roku account in Argentina, and link the device to the new account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
juanimoli
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. I thought it would work as there isn’t any region or country setting in either Roku or account

0 Kudos
ElProfeYeo

Jump to solution

Saludo .
Me pasa lo mismo .
Estoy en la República Dominicana 
Anteriormente funcionaba perfectamente el live streamer pero ya dejó funcionar hace un tiempo.
La tv está configurada con una cuenta de Mexico.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.