Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ROB1961
Channel Surfer

Roku Devices Connected to Roku TV

Hello I have 2 Roku televisions, both are Sanyo.   Is it possible to connect a Roku Express, Roku Premiere, Roku Express 4K, Roku Streaming Stick or Roku Ultra to the TV set?   Is there a difference between these products and the built-in television device itself?    Is the built-in television device better than the devices I mentioned?   Thanks for the help and reply. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Devices Connected to Roku TV

You can connect any Roku device to any Roku TV.  They would connect just like a Blu-ray player, game console, or cable box.  The rest of your questions aren't as easy to answer.  All of the Roku models are slightly different from each other, but they all look the same when it comes to the interface.  If the TV is several years old then it's likely that a new device will be faster when navigating, but whether it's all that noticeable is hard to say.  There's also some TVs that don't support some of the newer apps.  I'm not familiar with Sanyo Roku TVs, so I can't say if that's true for any of them.  Roku no longer makes any "Premiere" model, so any you see for sale should be avoided.  I also wouldn't recommend the least expensive Express model and I'm not fond of the sticks, but others really like them.

Keep in mind that you will need to juggle two remotes if you watch OTA (antenna) TV or want to switch to another device like a Blu-ray player or cable box, but you'd probably have to do that whether you were using a Roku TV or some other TV.  I think all but the least expensive Express model come with a Voice Remote with TV controls.

Edit:
I have to edit this since I was just in Walmart (11/24/23) and they had a pile of Premieres (3920s).  That device hasn't been available on the Roku website for quite a while, but apparently it's still available new (at least at Walmart).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.