Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rascoe

Roku Channel Will Not Play

When I choose a show on the Roku channel it will not play.  The description of the show will keep appearing when you select it. I have restarted the Roku and checked the connections several times. All other channels on the Roku play fine. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel Will Not Play

Hi @Rascoe,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the playback issue with the Roku channel. Have you tried to remove the Roku channel to see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and reinstall it.

Restart your device before adding the channel again to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Checking for a manual update to see if the issue is still occurring. To check for a manual update, navigate to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

For additional information, see these support site resources:

Let us know if this works for you!

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

did not work for me.

genecalvert77@yahoo.com

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

My roku channel hasn't worked for 4 days now and there is no customer service support 

0 Kudos

Any update?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MarionCastano,

Thanks for posting about your inquiry.

We're currently working on the issue, and the appropriate Roku team is further assessing for a solution regarding this. We'll make sure that once more information is available, we'll provide an update to the Community at the soonest time being.

Your patience and understanding are greatly valued.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos