Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omega332

Roku Channel / Live TV shows black screen on play anything

On my old Roku 2 (up to date firmware) I have the Roku Channel and Live TV. I can go to the Live TV channel guide and and select any channel, or select any title in the Roku Channel, and then ... black screen, no sound , no message. Every channel and title. I can remove the Roku channel and re-install it. Same deal. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel / Live TV shows black screen on play anything

Hi @omega332,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku 2 device. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to unplug the Roku 2 and TV for 3 to 5 minutes, then replug it back again. Please ensure that your Roku 2 is connected to your home network.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hammer957
Channel Surfer

•  Hello, omega332. Welcome to the roku....hotmesss. As, I think, as you just described, I haven't been able see any roku streaming channel for 3-4 months now,...all other apps.Sling, YouTube,...work. Been following multiple threads on this forum, only to see them wither and die , just keep scrolling back and you will find them. This forum is pretty poor on keeping  'hot', 'similar' topics currant Check back in a few days, you're post will be 3-4 pages back ,...and someone else with same sort of problem will be asking for help also (tell me you're system. connection, what do you see.....)  Seen many multiple of responses of users responding, with few successes, ......think this a roku problem. Using my tv now as a 'gateway' to ota channels, and other streaming channels...... everything roku (and there are other problems) are a still a issue.  Good Luck.
0 Kudos
BOLAGLOVER

I have unplugged the system and my TV and even restart all affected devices even my internet radio. I am still greeted by the blackscreen on my roku live.

This does not provide solution. I thinking of switching to other TV and dump roku tv.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BOLAGLOVER,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community, and welcome!

We see that you're getting a black screen when accessing the Live TV on The Roku Channel. We're here to help.

Could you tell us if this is an issue only on the Live TV section or if it also applies to the on-demand shows on the channel?

In addition, try connecting your device to any alternative network like a mobile hotspot, and then try again to see if that makes a difference.

Or let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos