Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement simple remote for on Roku tv

Jump to solution

Can I use the Hisense roku simple remote for my onn Roku tv? I can't find the original remote, so I borrowed my mom's remote. I can't seem to figure out how to pair the remote to the tv. If this remote won't work, what type do I need to purchase and where can It be purchased? Secondly, can I use a remote downloaded on my smart phone?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replacement simple remote for on Roku tv

Jump to solution

Remotes from different manufacturers of "Roku TVs" generally won't work on each other's TVs  Some manufacturers share the same codes, but you wouldn't expect a Samsung remote to work on a Sony TV, so you shouldn't expect a Hisense remote to work on an onn TV, Roku TV or not.  You need to get a replacement from Hisense or you can get a Roku Voice Remote, but for that you'll need a working remote to get it paired to your TV or you may be able to get it to pair by factory resetting the TV.  You can also find universal remotes that work with Roku TVs.

As for a phone app, as long as your TV is already connected to your network (and your phone is connected to the same network/Wi-Fi) the Roku mobile app should work with your TV.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replacement simple remote for on Roku tv

Jump to solution

Remotes from different manufacturers of "Roku TVs" generally won't work on each other's TVs  Some manufacturers share the same codes, but you wouldn't expect a Samsung remote to work on a Sony TV, so you shouldn't expect a Hisense remote to work on an onn TV, Roku TV or not.  You need to get a replacement from Hisense or you can get a Roku Voice Remote, but for that you'll need a working remote to get it paired to your TV or you may be able to get it to pair by factory resetting the TV.  You can also find universal remotes that work with Roku TVs.

As for a phone app, as long as your TV is already connected to your network (and your phone is connected to the same network/Wi-Fi) the Roku mobile app should work with your TV.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.