Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hillbillytoker
Channel Surfer

Remove the main screen ad

Had a update that added a main screen ad at the bottom left of the screen. Remove this or give us the option to remove it. I’m getting tired of this. Every update you guys put out is making this tv more and more trash. Always filling it with spam. 

5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remove the main screen ad

That ad has come and gone for quite a while now.  I'm surprised you're just getting it for the first time unless you haven't had a Roku device for very long.  I doubt Roku will ever give an option to get rid of something that makes them money.  Some have said that changing to a different theme sometimes gets rid of the ad, but I don't believe it's permanent.

How to change the theme pack to adjust the look of the Roku® interface | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
hillbillytoker
Channel Surfer

well I’ve been running a pihole and it blocks all ads they try and put in. But they did something that broke the list I created. Just means I’m going to have to rebuild the list but this time share it with people. Screw Roku and there greed. 

andyross
Roku Guru

I have themed and seasonal screen savers DISABLED. I use the Nebula theme. I have never seen an ad in the lower-left of the home screen.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

My content blocker (not pihole) has always blocked that ad.  I only see it when I connect to my open network for testing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ROC87

I have to say, I’ve looked through nearly everything you have ever posted on these forums, and really you just sound like a whiny baby. If you have such a problem with Roku’s performance and how their product is set up, STOP USING ROKU! If you think you know SO much better than Roku’s team, make your own streaming device and stop being such a ridiculous @$$ hat. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.