Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adiaz7531
Binge Watcher

Remote volume control when using a computer display

Hello! I’m using a 4K computer display with my Roku 4K Stick. Then I’m using these cheap Logitech computer speakers plugged into the display’s headphone out jack for audio. I can only adjust the volume level via the volume pot on the actual speakers. Is there  alternative way in which I can control the audio via the Roku’s remote even if it means using a different audio system?

I look forward to your suggestions!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote volume control when using a computer display

Roku remotes only control the volume of TVs, so you'd need something like a soundbar that responds to the same codes as some TV.  For example, a Sony soundbar may respond to a Sony TV's remote, so you'd set up the remote to control a Sony TV.  I'm just using that as an example and I'm not sure how common such a thing is.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
adiaz7531
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote volume control when using a computer display

Thanks! Would it be possible to get a Roku Soundbar SE to replace the Roku 4K Stick for use with my display(Seiki Pro 4K SM40UNP)? The display has 2x HMDI 1.4 connectors, 1x DisplayPort 1.2 connector, 3x USB 3, 1x 1.8” PC Input and 1X 1.8” headphone out. Is it possible to use this soundbar as the audio speakers for this display? I’m assuming the Soundbar SE doesn’t require an audio output from the display to play the audio thru its built-in stereo speakers. 

Also, is it possible to convert the HDMI 2.0 output from the Soundbar SE to DisplayPort 1.2? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.