Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BDP
Reel Rookie

Remote scans tiles without stopping

Roku has gone wild!  The remote scans tiles without stopping or reversing when directed.  This is occurring on more than one TV.  Is anyone else experience this; and does anyone have a clue how to correct it?

I'm about to give up on Roku!

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote scans tiles without stopping

Hello! @BDP,

Thanks for the posts.
We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further. 

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kque
Reel Rookie

Mine has been doing the same thing! Drives me crazy. Seems like it started doing this about a month ago. Did Roku change something with their interface? KB

0 Kudos
BDP
Reel Rookie

Hi, Arjiemar,

I will work on your requests and get back to you.

As you may see, I am not the only person experiencing this frustration.

Best,

BDP

0 Kudos
Kdanon

Mine is doing the same on both of my tvs. It started about a month ago for me as well. 
yes…very frustrating. I’ve tried resetting things but that didn’t help. It is worse on some channels more than others.

i would appreciate guidance to correct the problem as well.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted about the Roku remote.

Could you please give the details that @RokuArjiemar posted?

Once we get that information, we will pass this along to Roku appropriate team for investigation.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
QnMimi

My TV is doing this too

TCL model 50s525, hardware id c113x, serial number x0010067ammj, software version 12.0.0, device id s0444027ammj

mimi66779@aol.com

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @QnMimi,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to look further into this issue with the Roku remote, but we will need more details. Can you please provide the following information:

• Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We will be able to forward this information to the appropriate Roku team so they can conduct more investigations once we collect the information.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nsrqt

I feel your pain.  Mine has been doing the same for the last few weeks.  Tried the unplugging thing - didn't work.  Thought it could have been the remote so changed batteries - nope.  Happens on various channels.  These last posts were in July and now this is August and it seems that no one from Roku has an answer.

Model - 3811X, device ID 253192908925, serial # YH002V908925.

Issue report tracker ID 25-331--170

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nsrqt,

Thanks for keeping us posted about this issue with the Roku remote in the Roku Community!

It seems like you have done a fantastic job troubleshooting the issue. Please be aware that our appropriate Roku team is doing its best to fix this issue as soon as possible, but we will need the OS version of your Roku device. Could you please provide it to us by pressing the home button on your Roku remote, settings, system, and about?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.