Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theMezz
Streaming Star

Remote Control Behavior using Roku Speakers on Roku TV with External Roku Box

I have an LG Roku TV. Since the navigation is sluggish I use a Roku Ultra LT  ‎4662RW box plugged in HDMI. All is well.

If I add Roku Speakers can I control the volume of the new Roku Speakers with the very same remote that I control the Ultra LT external box?

I would be adding the speakers to the TV really - not the external Roku box so I hope I would not have to use the TV Roku remote for volume and also use the Ultra LT remote for changing channels.

Anyone experience this and what was the behavior.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote Control Behavior using Roku Speakers on Roku TV with External Roku Box

@theMezz 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku Wireless Speakers will not pair to your model Roku TV. If you wanted to utilize Roku Wireless Speakers, you would need to pair them to a Roku Streambar or Soundbar, or simply use the Roku Soundbar / Streambar for enhanced sound.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
theMezz
Streaming Star

Re: Remote Control Behavior using Roku Speakers on Roku TV with External Roku Box

I ended up buying the speakers.
Happy to say that they DID pair with my TV model. No issues.

Even better I can control the volume with the remote for my external Roku Ultra Box.

Everything installed perfectly and the remotes DO perform as I had hoped. 

0 Kudos
theMezz
Streaming Star

How can you say that?

I did not tell you the model of the LG ROKU TV?
So the Roku Speakers do not work with LG ROKU TVs??

I need a streambar to use the speakers??

Confused !!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@theMezz 

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize for the confusion. Roku wireless speakers add full, rich sound to your TV streaming experience with no messy audio cables to connect or complicated setup. You only need to attach the power cable and pair each speaker to a Roku host device such as a Roku TV, Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, or Roku Smart Soundbar.

We would recommend taking a look at our Support pages for more information regarding this: 
How to set up your Roku wireless speakers
Getting to know your Roku wireless speakers

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
theMezz
Streaming Star

Wow really? That is not even close to answering my question. Not even close.
You are not at all helpful and just reply with gibberish cut and paste messages.

I have found others helpful here, so disregard please. You are a waste of time

0 Kudos