Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
go2sleep327
Visitor

Re: Recent TCL Roku TV update won't output PS4 video

Jump to solution
"Willaus5998" wrote:
I’ve done all of the above and I still can’t connect my PS4

Did your issue ever get fixed? I’ve been PMing a Roku employee for the past 2 months and they still can’t solve the issue. It’s to the point where I’m gonna have to buy a new TV which is a shame because the TV works fine for everything else except the PS4.
0 Kudos
tntupper
Visitor

Jump to solution
I just bought my TV and having the same issue from the start. Says "No Signal" and "are you sure the machine is on?" Are you kidding me?
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
Thanks for reaching out. 

In Settings>TV inputs>HDMI mode>HDMI # (that your PS4 is connected to), try changing this option from 'Auto' to HDMI 2.0. Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Stimbot
Visitor

Jump to solution
I've tried everything mentioned in this thread and it's still not working. How have you not fixed this is over a year?!
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
@Stimbot 

Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your TV, more details about the different HDMI cables that you have tried, along with any Settings you have tried changing on your TV. I'll continue to assist you to see what else we can recommend. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
lecalmar
Visitor

Jump to solution
I just bought a 58’ Sharp Roku TV and I am having the same issue. No matter what I try it won’t recognize my PS4. This is unacceptable.
Whatsup
Visitor

Jump to solution
Okay mine was working fine!! And just quit all of a sudden...I have done everything this forum says, still not working.. I have tried all the HDMI inputs, I have done a factory reset, yes it works on other TV’s. Anyone ever find a fix?
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
On your TV, in Settings>TV inputs>HDMI # (that the PS4 is connected to)>HDMI mode, have you tried changing this to HDMI 1.4 on both the TV, and then also in the settings of the Playstation 4? (You might also try manually selecting HDMI 2.0 on both devices and seeing if this option works.) 

- Does this resolve the issue? 

If not, please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About. We can continue looking into the issue from there! 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
szhrfsrhgar
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I started having the same issue on my TCL Roku tv. PS4 worked fine on the tv before, but then stopped working. Works fine on my other tv. I've tried everything in this thread, as well as had a ticket open with Playstation, Roku, and TCL. I tried the tv set to 1.4 and 2.0 for hdmi mode.

Playstation had me adjust HDCP and HDMI Link, as well as try to boot in Safe mode. Since the ports work with other devices, and the PS4 works on my other TV, they suggested contacting the TV manufacturer. 

I thought reaching out to Roku would work better, since it appears to be a software issue. They asked me a few questions, and after I explained everything I've done, they said to contact TCL.

I called TCL. They gathered all info about my TV. Then they had me do a factory reset (again), skip all the set up, and test the PS4 in each port with no internet configured on the TV, no apps installed, and no other peripherals attached. Still didn't work. They're escalating to the next team, and to Roku. I didn't even think to get a ticket number, since they said they'd reach back. I assumed I'd get an email, but haven't yet. It's only been half a day though, so will have to see if they actually do anything about it. If there is an easy fix, I'll share it here. I'm guessing it's going to require a firmware patch though.

0 Kudos
szhrfsrhgar
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My ticket open with TCL eventually responded back to me that there was a firmware issue, and that the latest update should fix this issue. They said they were slowly rolling out the upgrade. When I checked, it wasn't available. They said they'd send me the manual update instructions. I forgot about it for a few days, and when I went to do it manually, I decided to check if automatic would work now, and it did. 

I was previously on version 9.1.0. I upgraded to version 9.2.0. It did NOT fix the issue like they thought it would.

0 Kudos