Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Screen mirroring not working

Jump to solution

for all the lost souls who made it to this forum thread, i'm here to give you salvation. 

The Reality: Roku and Windows screen mirror compatibility will always keep breaking, forever. I've tried every solution on this thread and none of them work (9/25/21)

The Solution: Amazon sells 25ft - 75ft long hdmi cables at 4k resolution +. Screen mirroring is for the next generation when we have flying scooters, and can watch tv from the tesla neuro chip implanted in our brains. We may have to use a cable, but gosh darnit it's a **bleep** long cable. Now go to bed and stop trouble shooting. The fight is over. 

atherworld
Channel Surfer

Re: Screen mirroring not working

Jump to solution

I found a fix that takes a bit of effort. Download (for free) Home Media Server from Windows Store.  Open it, then drag and drop your file to All Movies, and hit Start. Then go to Roku| Media Player App on your TV, select your computer (should be only option there), go to All Movies, and select your file. Then play it.

0 Kudos
Rayme
Reel Rookie

Screen mirror stopped working on all roku express devices from iphone

Jump to solution

Tried to mirror from my iPhone 8 plus today to my Roku express (I have 3 and none will work) and it will not connect to any of them. I’ve tried restarting all devices and checking Airplay settings and nothing fixes the issue. The Roku devices show up on my phone but when I try to connect it searches for a moment then a prompt tells me it’s ‘unable to connect’. I have used this feature many times before today. This seems to have started after the Roku 10.0 update.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Screen mirror stopped working on all roku express devices from iphone

Jump to solution

@Rayme

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rayme
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen mirror stopped working on all roku express devices from iphone

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, today things magically started working, and I have no explanation how or why. The only thing different is that all my devices updated from 10.0.0 to 10.5.0 over night. Thanks for reaching out

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen mirroring not working anymore

Jump to solution

Hi @Mattla21,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV screen going black but can still hear the audio, you can try unplugging your device for 5-10 minutes then plugging the Roku TV back resolves the issue.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
todd12944

Re: Screen Mirroring from home on chromebook and unimax smart phones(three)

Jump to solution

Ive never seens a Smart tv thats doesnt cast. even the the prompt or always on feature doesnt show any devices.    Tried your internet disconnect  trick. Phone, chrome book ,tablet all  a strikeout. Got the Roku for Xmas  . My buddy  didnt know it was so much different from the Android smart tvs.    

0 Kudos
Mattla21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I finally had the opportunity to try unplugging the TV, and no, that did not help. Still getting audio with just a black screen

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mattla21,

Thanks for the follow-up.

I'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Just to clarify, are you using a Roku player or Roku TV? How long has the issue been occurring? Aside from restarting your Roku device, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mattla21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks, Mary.

It's a 65" Roku TV, model #65S535. Screen mirroring was working fine a few months ago, but when I tried it again recently (about the time I first chimed in on this thread), the video portion wasn't coming through... I was just getting the audio.

I have had screen mirroring NOT work at all... no audio or video... but a simple unplug of the TV would always clear it up. Not anymore.

0 Kudos