Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mabez
Reel Rookie

ROKU TV only showing SOME over the air channels

We have other TVs connected to the OTA channels and no problems. Our ROKU TV will connect to the OTA guide and we can see SOME channels but not all. The ones that don't come through say "No Signal". Have researched this forum and followed all ideas on how to fix, nothing has worked. And again, it's odd what's happening. Our other TVs work just fine, all channels come through, all signals are fine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
boteman
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU TV only showing SOME over the air channels

"No signal" means just that. Not all TV receivers have the same sensitivity. If you are splitting the antenna between multiple TV receivers you are cutting the available signal in half with each split.

If it's a dedicated antenna and cable to the Roku TV, maybe it needs a pre-amplifier? I put one on my TV and got a bunch of new channels that it couldn't hear before. But a pre-amp can also get overloaded by nearby strong transmitters so it's not a perfect solution for everybody.

Roku TV (Westinghouse)
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @mabez.

We appreciate you reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to provide you with some steps you can try about having issues with the over-the-air channels.

In this case, depending on where you live, you may be able to receive free “over-the-air” TV broadcasts from nearby TV stations using an HDTV antenna. 

To access “over-the-air” broadcast television, the HDTV antenna must be connected to the Live TV input of your TV.

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the back of your TV
  2. Press Home Button on your Roku remote
  3. Select Live TV
  4. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup

You may also visit this support article on how to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system

If you need further clarification and assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mabez
Reel Rookie

Hi.  We are connected and have some channels coming through but we lost some. Channels 2, 3 5.

We have followed all of the steps found in the Roku blog and nothing has worked. We do receive some over the air channels but not all. AND we have other non Roku TVs that receive all channels.

0 Kudos
mabez
Reel Rookie

This issue occurs even when we only have just the ROKU TV on and it is receiving some channels just not all. Other ROKU issues on this community have brought up a similar problem- missing channels 2,3,5. So some channels but not all.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response, @mabez.

We understand that the issue persists, as not all the antenna channels show, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

In this case, we recommend restarting your Roku device from the settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

After doing so, please try to re-scan the local channels.

We would recommend reproducing the issue again and sharing with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • List of missing channels.

Feel free to keep us posted on how it works with the device details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Memose
Reel Rookie

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Rescan for Channels: Even if you've done this before, try rescanning for channels. Go to Settings > TV Inputs > Antenna TV > Scan for Channels. Sometimes the TV doesn't pick up all the channels on the first scan.

2. Check Antenna Position: Ensure the antenna is placed in a position with the best possible reception. Even slight adjustments can improve signal strength and bring in missing channels. You might also try moving the antenna to a different room temporarily to see if the reception improves.

3. Check Signal Strength for Individual Channels: On the channels showing "No Signal," go to Settings > TV Inputs > Antenna TV > Signal Strength. This will help you identify whether those channels are actually receiving a weak signal.

4. Antenna Quality: Different TVs have different tuners, and the ROKU TV might have a less sensitive tuner compared to your other TVs. You may need a higher-quality antenna or a signal booster to improve reception.

5. Channel Frequency Changes: Some stations might have recently changed frequencies. Check if your local TV stations have made any such changes and whether a rescan is required to pick them up again.

6. Check Cable Connections: Double-check the antenna cable connections to ensure they are secure and properly connected. Loose connections can cause signal loss on certain channels.

7. Update ROKU TV Software: Go to Settings > System > System Update and check if there are any available updates for your ROKU TV. A software update might resolve the issue.

8. Factory Reset the TV: If none of the above works, you might try a factory reset as a last resort. This will reset all your settings, so ensure you have backup for any important information before doing this. To reset, go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset.

If none of these steps resolve the problem, there might be an issue with the TV's tuner itself, and you may need to contact ROKU support for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Inchoy

I had the same issue. I replaced my LG with a Roku tv. My LG was receiving 78 OTA channels, but on my Roku I could only get 22. I decided to try to rescan the channels under Antenna and Cable instead of just Antenna. When I did that, all 78 of my OTA channels showed up again. Go figure

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.