Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LarryTuc
Reel Rookie

ROKU TV Cable Box app not working

Jump to solution

All of a sudden the Cable Box "app" located 1st app to the right of HOME has stopped working. Clicking on it does not bring up my cable (Xfinity X1). It worked fine for the last 6 months on my Sharp ROKU TV and just stopped working. Clicking on the app does nothing. I had Xfinity recycle everything but it didn't fix the problem. The cable is connected to the HDMI1 input (ARC). I can still get to the cable by going to Settings-> TV Picture Settings -> Settings per input -> Xfinity X1. Very strange.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LarryTuc
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU TV Cable Box app not working

Jump to solution

Fixed it by unplugging, waiting a few minutes and plugging back in so that it reset itself. Worked fine after that. Not sure why it stopped working in the first place.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @LarryTuc 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your input tiles on your Roku TV.

Have you tried checking to see what your tiles are currently set to? Try accessing your TV inputs by going to Settings > TV inputs > Cable box and making sure that the HDMI 1 (ARC) is showing when you select the Cable box.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LarryTuc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Fixed it by unplugging, waiting a few minutes and plugging back in so that it reset itself. Worked fine after that. Not sure why it stopped working in the first place.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Box doesn't power up. Light dose not come on. All connections have been checked. Been working fine since installed months ago.

0 Kudos
Angelfan24

Jump to solution

Mine started doing this today. It worked fine this morning but this evening it is not working. I can get to my cable box by going to TV picture settings --> cable box but that is a hassle. Did you unplug the tv or cable box?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @180170 @Angelfan24 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide more specific information about what you are seeing? Are you using a Roku TV and are connecting a cable box or are you using a Roku device set top box?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back your responses.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LarryTuc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I unplugged the TV, waited a few minutes and plugged it back in. That seemed to reset whatever was causing the problem and it's been fine ever since.

0 Kudos
LarryTuc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As I posted earlier, unplugging the TV and plugging it back in fixed the problem. It's a ROKU TV made by Sharp, the cable box was not the problem and the cable was plugged into the eArc input.

0 Kudos
Queen2014

Jump to solution

Yeah it's very complicated they don't make it easy we should just be able to plug it up and then it should come on if we want to use the apps we can use it as we buy these TVs pay three $400 form and then can't even watch our regular cable that's ludicrous

0 Kudos