Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrycecooley
Channel Surfer

Purple Recovery mode screen on Roku TV

Roku tv constantly shuts off , comes back on only to be stuck on purple recovery mode screen.  I follow steps to update tv but it only goes back to purple screen... the first time I did it I clicked the home button 5x’s the rewind/forward button each twice and it seem to come back on , this is the second time this has happen and now the home,rewind/fast forward button doesn’t work at all ... I’ve tried the reset button but nothing is working , I’ve only had this tv for about 2 months 

29 REPLIES 29
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Purple Recovery mode screen

@patrycecooley 

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried contacting your Roku TV's manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bugatti

Re: Purple Recovery mode screen on Roku TV

Thats happened to my tv as well and no one seems to have an answer.

patrycecooley
Channel Surfer

Yeah I’ve had two techs come out the second one left like two hrs ago to fix the problem and instead of the purple recovery screen , the tv turns on but will not connect to the internet so I called TCL Support so they can send me a new tv because I refuse to spend more money when Ive only had the tv Since Feb 2020.... i ordered mine online from Walmart so if you still have your receipt call customer service and tell them everything you e tried isn’t working and request a new tv , they will send you an email, after that you send a copy of the receipt or screenshot and if your warranty isn’t up they will send you a new tv ! 

OkamiKage
Reel Rookie

I hope this may be helpful to some of you. I called customer service hoping for some kind of fix and it just so happened that one worked. However, it didn't work immediately. So first i tried the typical unplug the tv for about 15 sec then plug back in.(Still purple screen). Then I tried to update file through wifi and yet again purple screen. So I decided to go look for a thumb drive around my house and failed to find one. This where the magic happens. (This is what worked). Unplug the tv  and hold down the power button on the roku tv itself located under the center for about 20 seconds. This failed the first time, but here is where i think it worked.Instead of plugging the tv back immediately wait for about 30 minutes. I found this out ironically because I needed to take a trip to walmart to go pick up a flash drive I thought I needed. Funny enough I came home to do the manual install of the update file and the tv had came back on from the previous troubleshoot with the uplug 20 seconds and hold down power button under tv. So I strongly recommend unplugging the tv (20 seconds) while holding down the power button under the tv for same length of time, then not plugging the tv back in for another 20-30 minutes. 

Jimmer1973
Reel Rookie

i tried your way still didnt work

0 Kudos
DjG3N3S1S

Same issue. I've tried everything everyone has stated. I saw on the Roku Reddit they were asking people to send them PM's with info. I've done that now waiting on a response back. I hope there is a fix as I bought a second one of the 43S425 sets a month later for my home office. The one with the issue is the one in my bedroom so it only gets used at night. The one in the office is on probably around 12 - 17 hours a day as both a secondary monitor as well as to watch TV.

0 Kudos
patrycecooley
Channel Surfer

I’ve had two techs come to my house to fix the issue but neither could fix the problem.  The technician also told me they don’t send brand new parts, they use parts off of other tv’s with “issues” which makes a whole lot of sense right ? He also told me to call and request a new tv which I did free of charge and I got one within the next week.  It wasn’t the exact same tv as they stated but a more upgraded one and I haven’t had any problems out of it!  

OkamiKage
Reel Rookie

Hey I dont know if you found the answer but I have mine fixed now and it was definitly a corrupted  motherboard. If you want the sure way of fixing your tv if the memory surely is corrupted buy some parts inputting your model number at shopjimmy.com. Buy the bundle for around 50$ if your not sure which part to replace. Your tv will be factory reseted when you get done but trust me, the replacement on the memory is very simplified. Only complaint is there are just soo many screws lol. I truly hope this helps many if nobody got an answer.

Kres82
Reel Rookie

can anyone tell me what caused it in the first place? My TV did it after being unplugged. We got it in February. We don't have a receipt. It was right when we moved house. So the receipt was lost the box was thrown out so we have no proof of purchase! I know Walmart will probably not help us but I qm curious what caused everyone's error in the first place 

0 Kudos