Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidha
Reel Rookie

Programming cable remote for Roku tv

Jump to solution

I just purchased a Roku 55r4ax from best buy. I am having no luck programming my arris mxv4 cable remote to turn the TV on and off. I have tried ALL of the recommended instructions with no luck. The cable remote does not list Roku TV codes, either.

Any ideas? Any guesses on random codes to try?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Davidha
Reel Rookie

Re: Programming cable remote for Roku tv

Jump to solution

Turns out it was mostly operater error. Mostly. The new TV's remote sensor is in a different location and the speaker was interfering with the cable remote signal. The Roku remote worked just fine. After I moved the speaker, I still did not have any Roku codes so I did the search option (select tv, press and hold OK) until it found the code. The speaker is now in a better position and all seems to work fine. 

Thanks for the codes to try, though,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Does it list Admiral, Dynex, or Sansui tv brands? Try those codes. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Davidha
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Turns out it was mostly operater error. Mostly. The new TV's remote sensor is in a different location and the speaker was interfering with the cable remote signal. The Roku remote worked just fine. After I moved the speaker, I still did not have any Roku codes so I did the search option (select tv, press and hold OK) until it found the code. The speaker is now in a better position and all seems to work fine. 

Thanks for the codes to try, though,

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.