Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gpeirce
Streaming Star

Picture OK sometimes, other times shrunk. Same resolution

Jump to solution

How do I get the picture on the TV to fill the whole screen for every channel? Notice the pictures attached. Both are 480i and one is shrunk and one fills the screen. This happens for both my TVs. I have TCL TV models 50S435 and 32S327.  The shrink happens for about 1/2 of my over-the-air channels.  I'm using an antenna.  Both pictures have the same signal strength as you can see, 4 out of 5 bars.

Trying to set the Picture Size to stretch, normal, zoom, auto, and direct fixes the shrunken one, but will screw up the normal one.

Anyone else have this problem or have figured it out?Normal size pictureNormal size pictureShrunken pictureShrunken picture

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Picture OK sometimes, other times shrunk. Same resolution

Jump to solution

Keep in mind that the show wasn't widescreen at the time it was created.  Have you tried pressing * on your remote and going through the various "Picture size" options?  You'll have to switch back and forth as there's no way for the TV to know what's needed for any particular show.

Personally, I can't stand a stretched or distorted picture.  I want a circle to be a circle and I don't want everyone to be short and fat.  🙂

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gpeirce
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Just wondered if anyone else has this problem.

0 Kudos
Gpeirce
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Anyone?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Keep in mind that the show wasn't widescreen at the time it was created.  Have you tried pressing * on your remote and going through the various "Picture size" options?  You'll have to switch back and forth as there's no way for the TV to know what's needed for any particular show.

Personally, I can't stand a stretched or distorted picture.  I want a circle to be a circle and I don't want everyone to be short and fat.  🙂

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Gpeirce
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you.  I felt that I might have to adjust the picture size each time but hoped the TV would know to do that.  Heck, it does a lot of things automatically already.  Some I like and some I don't like.  Such as showing the TV Guide when Antenna TV is selected.

0 Kudos