Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kat6
Channel Surfer

Re: Peacock channel keeps crashing on my Roku tv. Frustrating.

Mine does it too. I'll be watching something for 30-45 min and it just randomly exits out to the Roku menu. I know it's not Roku doing it because it's the only app that does it. I can have amazon or the roku channel on for 12 hours and it doesn't exit out.

akc1006
Reel Rookie

Mine has been doing it too, on both rokus in my house. It freezes and won’t move on to the next episode and half the time the closed captioning won’t work. Like someone else said, it’s Peacock, not Roku bc no other apps do this. 

I started to have this problem once I paid for the premium. When I was watching for free it never done this to me. Ill be watching a TV episode it stops and goes to roku main menu.. fix please I updated, Uninstalled still happening 

0 Kudos
Lmy6265
Reel Rookie

Having the same issues with this app and also the hulu app on my TLC Roku tv. Nothing has worked.

HollyLJ
Reel Rookie

I don't think it's the internet provider,  I have the same problem with my Roku TV, and I have amazing internet service from a small local cable tv provider. Hope our information helps them find a solution. Please be kind everyone, these things happen, and customer service is not at fault, their doing what they can with information provided to them. They don't deserved to be verbally assaulted. 

There are always growing pains. This is one, and the lack of bells and whistles for ease of use, will be added as they go. 

HollyLJ
Reel Rookie

Same here, after I signed up for premium.

0 Kudos
dreamer104
Channel Surfer

Ditto for us too, is there any fix for this as it is maddening to pay for something and not be able to watch anything on it.

0 Kudos

I have a Hisense Roku TV. Peacock crashes every hour and 15 minutes and I can’t find anything to help. Iv deleted it and reinstalled as well and it is still doing it. Only been happening for about a week but very very frustrating since I work from home and leave it on for background noise. 

0 Kudos
ringsabre
Channel Surfer

Same here.

Though here's a twist I haven't seen mentioned: often before it crashes, the lip synchronization falls off. The *temporary* fix I've employed is to go into Roku system and "system restart"-- this buys a little extra time, though not much (maybe another hour or two before next crash, though it seems the more you attempt to move around in Peacock--different programs, pausing/rewinding, the more likely a crash). I wondered if router reboot might help but it did not.

QUESTION for any of you: I know that deleting and re-installing an app is a good trick to try, however, there is no option to remove the Peacock app. This is confusing me: my other apps--excepting Paramount+, but which works fine--all have the option on the asterisk menu: "remove channel". Peacock has no option to "remove channel." How are you guys doing that?

System: 3900X Roku Express

dreamer104
Channel Surfer

@ringsabre I have removed it numerous times and that still does not help,  but for your dilemma, have you hovered over the peacock app without going into it on the roku main menu, and then hit the asterisk button for options.  On mine, doing that it will then come up with a menu to remove it. That is how we remove it anyway, if we go into Peacock then we can't access the removal once the app comes up.  

0 Kudos