Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzzzzy

Re: Peacock channel keeps crashing on my Roku tv. Frustrating.

I’m having the same issues and There is no option to delete the app and reload it. 

0 Kudos
Shakes1
Reel Rookie

Here it is November 2021 and this has been a widespread issue for MONTHS now. I can't understand why a company would allow an app that crashes your system no matter what you do to continue. It's obvious Peacock has issues as it is by how unbelievably slow it is to load on any device. There's got to be a fix somewhere! Please pull, revert or fix it! 

PapaJS

Exactly! I just started paying for premium on Pisscock and now it crashes watching and have to keep restarting. Either fix it or I cancel service.

#peacock

#crashes

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi @Lindzzzzy @Shakes1 @PapaJS

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Did you restart your Roku before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we suggest giving it a shot once again.

We also recommend restarting the Roku device from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,

Irene

0 Kudos
ringsabre
Channel Surfer

Irene (employee of Roku), would you please address the question some of us have brought up, which is that our Roku home-screens do not give an option to "remove channel" for Peacock (though this option does present for *other* channels/apps--just not Peacock)? (Thus the attempted fix of "reinstalling the app" is literally not possible.)

Thank you.

Lmy6265
Reel Rookie

I've removed and reinstalled several times. It doesn't make a difference. 

0 Kudos
dreamer104
Channel Surfer

Restarted the Roku each and every time before re-installing, and it does not fix the crashing, and have done the (remove > restart > re-install) numerous times now.  It has, twice, helped it to last longer before Peacock crashes, but as soon as I change the show or leave to a different app and them come back to Peacock it either freezes, starts doing a weird flashing or just shuts down and takes me to the ROKU home screen and won't come up for longer than 5 minutes at a time before crashing again.   

Side note:   To those that are having trouble uninstalling, do not go into the Peacock app, but highlight the app on the main ROKU menu without clicking to go into it, and then click the star or rather asterisk for options, the removal menu comes up that way, that is how we have to do it each time as there is no remove option once we open the app.  I really hope that helps some of you.

0 Kudos
akc1006
Reel Rookie

I also have restarted and reinstalled the app and that doesn’t do a thing. 

0 Kudos
ringsabre
Channel Surfer

"Side note:   To those that are having trouble uninstalling..."

No remove option...No remove option...

Just to reiterate for clarity: some of us are having a strange inability to uninstall/reinstall the Peacock app. I will try to attach a picture I just took of my tv screen proving that when accessing the "asterisk menu" there is NO option to remove the channel so as to be able to reinstall it.

dreamer104
Channel Surfer

Hi @ringsabre !  Oh okay, I wonder if you click on "Move Channel" if it would access a removal?  I don't have the Move Channel on mine, so I don't know what that does.   I use the little ROKU express box so it might be something with different ROKU's too??  I have no idea, was just hoping that the way we have to do would help.  I know my son goes into the app, and into settings to remove it on his smart tv, but with using the little box thing, we have to use the options before going into the app.  I am sorry my little side note did not help you. That would be maddening to me to not be able to remove it at all; and you are completely correct that they need to address that problem!

0 Kudos