Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scubachick

Pause Live TV Disabled Message

Jump to solution

When I turn on my TV, I get the message “Pause live TV has been disabled.”  I purchased a new USB, inserted it and formatted it but still get the same message when I turn the TV on.  Any idea what’s going on?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pause Live TV Disabled Message

Jump to solution

Hi @scubachick,

Welcome, and thanks for your post to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble getting the message "Pause live TV has been disabled" on your Roku device.

Live TV Pause requires a USB 2.0 compatible flash drive with at least 16GB of storage. 16GB is the minimum size required to hold 90 minutes of paused TV. USB drives that are more significant than 16GB will not increase the amount of pause time.

If you have already added the Live TV input to your TV, use the following instructions to enable Live TV Pause.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Highlight the Live TV input and press Star * to open the options menu
  3. Select Set up Live TV Pause
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete setup

Note: Unplugging the USB drive will automatically disable Live TV Pause.

Some television systems may have a screensaver feature that can affect Live TV Pause. To fix Live TV Pause buffering, follow the steps below.

1. To change the power on settings, Go to Settings > System > Power and make sure Power on is not set to Live TV or Last used TV input.
  2. Disable screensaver settings: Go to Settings > Theme > Screensaver wait time and select Disable screensaver.

Visit our Support articles for more information about Live TV Pause.

We hope it helps. Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @scubachick,

Welcome, and thanks for your post to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble getting the message "Pause live TV has been disabled" on your Roku device.

Live TV Pause requires a USB 2.0 compatible flash drive with at least 16GB of storage. 16GB is the minimum size required to hold 90 minutes of paused TV. USB drives that are more significant than 16GB will not increase the amount of pause time.

If you have already added the Live TV input to your TV, use the following instructions to enable Live TV Pause.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Highlight the Live TV input and press Star * to open the options menu
  3. Select Set up Live TV Pause
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete setup

Note: Unplugging the USB drive will automatically disable Live TV Pause.

Some television systems may have a screensaver feature that can affect Live TV Pause. To fix Live TV Pause buffering, follow the steps below.

1. To change the power on settings, Go to Settings > System > Power and make sure Power on is not set to Live TV or Last used TV input.
  2. Disable screensaver settings: Go to Settings > Theme > Screensaver wait time and select Disable screensaver.

Visit our Support articles for more information about Live TV Pause.

We hope it helps. Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mpenna

Jump to solution

I have the same problem: I keep getting a "Live TV options" disabled message when I turn on my TV. (It has a USB stick in it that worked in my TV before.) After dismissing this message, I press Home then Live TV and *, but I see no Options. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I suspect the USB stick has become corrupted or has failed.  Try formatting it in a computer and then try again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.