Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Onn Roku 70' TV Black Screen, what to do?

Jump to solution

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @Wallygator!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku TV issues. Please provide us with more information so we can assist you better.

• Can you confirm if the TV produces any sound upon being turned on?
  • Have you attempted to connect the Roku TV to an alternative power source?
  • If you point a flashlight on the TV screen do you see an image?

Please update us on your progress; we'll happily assist you further.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fodowvovo

Jump to solution

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Johnsonboys4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

UPDATE: Just wanted to let everyone know, we did purchase the extended warranty from Walmart when we purchased the TV, they had told me we did not but I looked in my emails and there it was. Of course, this was after we took the TV to a repair center where it cost $212.06 to replace the power supply/LED drive board. 

Spit4Lube

Re: Tv goes black but sound is onn

Jump to solution

John, if you have anything else to try, that would also be appreciated.

0 Kudos
jessesguy19
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm not going to lie. After all the trouble shooting tips and advice that I've been trying, I gave up and in and bought a replacement. It is going to be a headache no matter the path. I understand how frustrating it can be when troubleshooting doesn't lead to a solution. I've been in your shoes, trying every tip and advice, only to feel defeated. Sometimes, it's just easier to start fresh. I've decided to take that route and purchase a replacement. I know it's not ideal, but I'm willing to take on the headache to move forward and find a resolution.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Spit4Lube,

Greetings, and welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku TV. We would also like to suggest trying a different power outlet to see if it makes a difference.

If the issue persists after performing a hard reset on the TV, we recommend that you get in touch with the manufacturer of your TV directly to report this problem and ask for more assistance. Each Roku TV manufacturer offers warranty services and direct support.

You can refer to this link to directly contact support for your Roku TV.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PlanetP

Jump to solution

Hi. How do I reset the settings if the screen is black? I can't see a thing on screen. 

As an aside. If this is a common issue, which it appears to be, this TV should be recalled. After 2 years we should not have to buy another television for an issue with how it was made. Highly disappointed! 

0 Kudos
whiter048
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Press home button 5 times

press up arrow once

press rewind twice

fast forward twice

( make sure you here the sound buttons make while being pressed )

it should go thru reset cycle and screen may blink a couple of times. Takes approx 3 - 4 minutes. Sometimes works, sometimes not. Usually have to turn mine on/ off about 50 times before screen comes back on.

0 Kudos
whiter048
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I finally got fed up and went and purchased a Samsung 75”, l have two smaller Samsungs in spare bedrooms and had for more than 10 years and they still work flawlessly.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @PlanetP @whiter048 

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with the display on your Roku TV.

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. To address the issue you're facing, we recommend that you contact Onn's support directly and provide additional details about the problem. The display issue you're encountering is most likely caused by a hardware malfunction, and since Onn is the manufacturer of Roku TV, they will be able to provide you with the necessary support.

You can reach them at Onn Support

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.