Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harisp7

Only viewable on tv? please suggest me

Jump to solution

I have Roku built into my tv (like most I guess) and I subscribed to a few streaming channels. I tried to watch TOWL on my iPad and it turned my tv on in the other room and wouldn’t play on my iPad. I got peacock today and IT won’t play on my iPad. It’s saying I’d have to get a second subscription directly through the providers in order to view these channels on anything other than my tv……. What?! Who in their right mind would pay double for all of their streaming services?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Only viewable on tv? please suggest me

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku community, @harisp7 @OwnerofDevices!

We understand that you are having trouble signing in to the channel you subscribed to on your Roku account. Please be advised that if you have subscribed to a channel using Roku, you can only access that subscription on Roku devices that are associated with the same Roku account. Additionally, you can only use your Roku account password on Roku's official websites. In this case, we highly recommend subscribing directly to the channel provider to access it on multiple devices.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We are always here to assist you.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Not me but other people might like the apparce of convenience. I want to be able to watch any subscription on any device.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

A lot people would never ever figure out how to scribe directly, by going to a website.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku community, @harisp7 @OwnerofDevices!

We understand that you are having trouble signing in to the channel you subscribed to on your Roku account. Please be advised that if you have subscribed to a channel using Roku, you can only access that subscription on Roku devices that are associated with the same Roku account. Additionally, you can only use your Roku account password on Roku's official websites. In this case, we highly recommend subscribing directly to the channel provider to access it on multiple devices.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We are always here to assist you.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos