Rooster3

Obnoxious screaming during ROKU add

Jump to solution

Roku add seems obnoxiously loud .screaming and “whooo”ing. Anyone else experiencing this specificly with the Roku channel add?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Obnoxious screaming during ROKU add

Jump to solution

Hello! @Mlwhite,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for getting in touch about these loud commercials. We can help get this sorted.

Movies and television shows can have a wide range of sounds, but using the volume modes on your compatible Roku streaming device lets you enjoy a more even listening experience. Switch to automatic volume leveling to hear more consistent audio levels across various types of entertainment, making it less jarring when a commercial comes on or while switching channels.

Adjust volume modes during playback.

1. 1. To begin streaming content or to adjust audio settings for a device connected to your Roku TV and wireless speakers, switch the active input to the external device.
  2. Press Star on your Roku remote.
  3. Select sound settings.
  4. Use the directional pad to switch volume mode to the desired setting. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote.
  • Off: Volume modes are inactive, and content volume is unmodified.
  • Leveling: This enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment, so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.
  • Night: The volume of soft sounds like whispering is increased while the volume of loud sounds like explosions is decreased, making it easier to hear your show at night without disturbing others.

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rooster3,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about your experience with commercials and ads. We understand that loud commercials affect the streaming experience. Rest assured that we'll forward your concerns to the appropriate Roku team for review.

If there's anything we can do to assist you further aside from this, please let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This extremely loud commercials is very disturbing! Why is it like this??  I can’t even enjoy what I’m watching!! Can’t something be done?!?!

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @deenapeters68,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can understand your concern about the ads that you are seeing on the Roku device. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please be aware that while we can't please everyone with the displayed ads, we strive to avoid offensive images and other things that Roku users might disagree with.

We will forward your valuable feedback to the appropriate Roku team for review.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Afoyi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's not the add content that is bothersome, it's literally the massive volume discrepancy. Some ads are much much louder, but all tend to be obnoxiously louder than the show being watched. An ad today even made my TV speakers crackle. Lord have mercy if you are trying to enjoy a show quietly while anyone else in the house is sleeping. (Like napping children as a frustrating example)

Mlwhite

Jump to solution

The adds are too sudden and loud on my Roku tv.  Especially the Halloween add.  I have PTSD and it startles me.  There is no sound leveling option.  Please what can I do?  

norbizness

Jump to solution

Ignoring the auto-reply from the low-grade bot moderator, the ads have started coming mid-sentence in some of my Roku Channel viewing. Of course, when you're only advertising yourself, I guess they're not worried about outside revenue.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Mlwhite,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for getting in touch about these loud commercials. We can help get this sorted.

Movies and television shows can have a wide range of sounds, but using the volume modes on your compatible Roku streaming device lets you enjoy a more even listening experience. Switch to automatic volume leveling to hear more consistent audio levels across various types of entertainment, making it less jarring when a commercial comes on or while switching channels.

Adjust volume modes during playback.

1. 1. To begin streaming content or to adjust audio settings for a device connected to your Roku TV and wireless speakers, switch the active input to the external device.
  2. Press Star on your Roku remote.
  3. Select sound settings.
  4. Use the directional pad to switch volume mode to the desired setting. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote.
  • Off: Volume modes are inactive, and content volume is unmodified.
  • Leveling: This enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment, so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.
  • Night: The volume of soft sounds like whispering is increased while the volume of loud sounds like explosions is decreased, making it easier to hear your show at night without disturbing others.

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
Afoyi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku,

That seems to have done the trick. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Rayofhope
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I hear you! But Roku don't care about viewer's. I've complained in the past with NO response.  Roku just don't care.

0 Kudos