cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillsPlace
Channel Surfer

[OS 12.0] Roku Streambar Pro won't update subwoofer

Jump to solution

Software version 12.0.0, Build 4171 was available for my Roku Streambar Pro today. The update went fine until it attempted to update my subwoofer. It tried, but failed with the option to try again later. I rebooted my streambar, and it tried to update the subwoofer again with the same results. This time I got a notice that the subwoofer would not be available until it was updated. It should be noted that my 2 wireless speakers updated without an issue. I began going through all the troubleshooting steps…reboot, unplug, reset, remove device, etc. Now when I attempt to add the subwoofer, it indicates it’s trying to find the subwoofer, and after a few seconds, indicates the subwoofer is being updated. This lasts for several minutes and then results in a screen informing me it was unable to pair the subwoofer. Went through all this with a support agent earlier who told me he would escalate the issue and that someone would contact me. If anyone has any ideas for resolving this issue I’d love to hear from you. I will update this with any additional info I may get from tech support.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
BillsPlace
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 12.0] Roku Streambar Pro won't update subwoofer - ISSUE RESOLVED

Jump to solution

Hi guys - you’re not going to believe this, but the issue has been resolved, at least for me. I was sitting here going through all the settings just hoping to find something. I came across this setting - Settings, System, Advanced system settings, Device connect. The setting was enabled. I thought, what would happen if I disabled it. When I tried, I received a notice that I couldn’t disable it as long as I had speakers & a remote control connected. So I clicked OK. Apparently, by attempting to disable the setting, it did something to allow the subwoofer to pair and update. As soon as I added my subwoofer, it immediately paired and updated successfully.

Thanks to all those who assisted me with this. Ntwice, it will be interesting to see if this resolves the issue you’re having. OK….I’m going to go drive my family crazy with some very loud, booming bass…LOL!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue you reported regarding the Roku Subwoofer not updating.

We believe this issue is now resolved and invite you to check to see if you are still seeing the issue occur.

Please keep us posted if you are still seeing an issue. If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: [OS 12.0] Roku Streambar Pro won't update subwoofer

Jump to solution

The only thing I can suggest is that some people whose Rokus were unable to complete their updates have had success by connecting to a different network, either at a neighbor's or a phone's hotspot.  Once completed you can go back to your normal connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
BillsPlace
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 12.0] Roku Streambar Pro won't update subwoofer

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I made several attempts using both another network as well as a hotspot from my phone. The results were the same…it indicates it’s looking for a subwoofer & then after a few seconds, indicates it’s updating. After several minutes, I get the unable to pair screen. Thanks again for your time.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Software version 12 bricks Roku Wireless Bass Pro (subwoofer)

Jump to solution

Hi @BillsPlace 

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information regarding the issue you are experiencing with the latest OS 12.0.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Ntwice

Jump to solution

Please let me know what's happening as this goes on.  I have a roku streambar, not pro and my wireless bass pro came by fedex yesterday. It will not pair and has the same symptoms as yours.  I'm unsure if it's the subwoofer or something else since it has never been paired.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @Ntwice 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Subwoofer. 

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ntwice

Jump to solution

Same issue as bills place above.  If this is just an automatic reply place I will be happy to delete my account and return my purchase

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ntwice 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Without more detailed information that we requested, we will be unable to investigate the issue further. With your help, we will be able look into the issue.

We look forward to your assistance so we can resolve the issue quickly.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ntwice

Jump to solution

Again, Sam issue and subwoofer as bills place.  Auto reply or not, I have no intention of clouding up the thread.  A simple reply when it's fixed or how to fix the situation is fine.

0 Kudos
BillsPlace
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi guys - you’re not going to believe this, but the issue has been resolved, at least for me. I was sitting here going through all the settings just hoping to find something. I came across this setting - Settings, System, Advanced system settings, Device connect. The setting was enabled. I thought, what would happen if I disabled it. When I tried, I received a notice that I couldn’t disable it as long as I had speakers & a remote control connected. So I clicked OK. Apparently, by attempting to disable the setting, it did something to allow the subwoofer to pair and update. As soon as I added my subwoofer, it immediately paired and updated successfully.

Thanks to all those who assisted me with this. Ntwice, it will be interesting to see if this resolves the issue you’re having. OK….I’m going to go drive my family crazy with some very loud, booming bass…LOL!

0 Kudos