Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gbunn2

Roku Streambar disconnects TV audio after powering off TV

My brand new Roku Streambar disconnects from tv audio after turning TV off. I’m using the optical audio cord. I don’t have an Arc HDMI input. I have to go to settings/ system then restart to reset the Streambar to reconnect TV audio to Theater Sound. My WiFi signal is excellent.  This disconnection happens every time I turn off the TV, using the TV remote or Roku Streambar remote power button. Is there something wrong with my Streambar? Should it be replaced with a new one? Please advise. #RokuDanny

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar disconnects TV audio after powering off TV

Hi @Gbunn2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Roku Streambar disconnecting when your TV turns off. We'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

Please be aware that if your TV does not have an ARC port and if you using an optical cable, be sure to remove the protective plastic cap from each end of the cable before inserting the connectors. Failing to do so may result in a faulty connection or damage to the cable or optical port.

If the behavior continues, review the suggestions from our Support page for more information on How to set up your Roku Streambar | Roku

Additional Roku resources that you might find helpful: How to set up your Roku Streambar with a non-Roku TV | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos