Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheapchem
Reel Rookie

[OS 12.0] Recent update broke RF remote on Onn Roku TV

My 50" QLED onn Roku received an update on 7/16, and ever since then the RC03 RF remote I've been using doesn't work.  The RF remote I had lying around seemed better made than the voice remote that came with the TV - that remote never worked correctly.

I've tried repairing, and the light goes on with the remote, but will not pair.  I've unplugged the TV power, reset the remote, etc. but no luck. 

Does anyone know if this recent update broke the TV's RF capability?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 12.0] Recent update broke RF remote on Onn Roku TV

Hello! @cheapchem,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing remote issues. We want to assist you and are glad to be of help.

There are a few things I would like for you to try.

• First, can you please perform a restart of your Roku device and remote? To do this, please open the battery compartment on your remote and remove both batteries. Then, with the batteries still removed, unplug the power cable connecting to your Roku TV for 5 seconds, then re-connect the cable. When you see the Roku home screen loaded back on your TV, please reinsert the batteries in your remote. Wait at least 30 seconds and verify if the remote is working again.
  • If your remote is undetected after a restart, we must attempt to pair the remote again. Please open the battery compartment of the remote, then press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds or until you see the pairing light begin to flash. If you do not see the flashing light, you must replace the batteries on your remote. While the remote is flashing, hold it close to the TV and wait for 30 seconds to allow the remote to pair back to the Roku device. You should see a remote pairing dialog on your TV screen when this occurs.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to fix a Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos