Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TJ91
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 12.0] Recent update broke Game Mode on Roku TV

I am experiencing the same issue on my TCL 32S327 while playing PS5. Game mode causes frequent stuttering/hitching making the feature essentially broken. 

Model: 8116X - Roku TV

Serial number: YK003M803939(JDU25803939)

Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4182-48

GC version: 9.3.42

Timestamp: 2023-06-01T14:22:46Z

Issue ID: 39-218-302

TJ91
Reel Rookie

Is it possible to roll back to a previous software version? I primarily bought this TV for gaming, so it's quite frustrating having to choose between stuttering and lag.

Update: I tried doing a factory reset, but it still shows I have the most recent software installed. Can I just uninstall the software? I don't know what to do.

TJ91
Reel Rookie

Sorry for spamming the topic, but I think I found a solution! With your device connected, and Game Mode on, open up the menu by pressing * on your remote, and choose the option called "Picture Off" which will make the screen black. Then Press "OK" to turn the picture back on. This got rid of the stutter for me.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TJ91
Thanks for following up along with the additional information. 

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we'll be sure to update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Caden3ds
Reel Rookie

Stuttering on 12.0 Game Mode

I have a 32S325 on 12.0. Whenever I try to play something with game mode on, there is a stutter every few seconds. With game mode off, there is input delay. This makes games pretty much unplayable. I got no help from TCL or Roku but I might as well post here.

Caden3ds
Reel Rookie

Re: Stuttering on 12.0 Game Mode

• Screenshot_20230626_093925_Camera.jpg

Caden3ds
Reel Rookie

16877907040911507060846023018025.jpg

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Caden3ds,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community and providing us with your device information.

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
echan97
Reel Rookie

I have my laptop connected and HDMI port renamed to Computer. When using game mode screen tears occasionally or seems to skip a frame and jump back and there is noticeable input lag for a few seconds. This problem is not limited to gaming, it occurs while browsing the internet, watching videos, working with documents, etc. Please fix, and allow rolling back to previous versions in the future.

Model: TCL 40S325-CA

Hardware ID: 8113X

Serial Number: YK00N9332092

Software Version: 12.0.0 - Buid 4182-48

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @echan97,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku TV. Help is here. To minimize the video delay on your HDMI or AV input, you can enable Game Mode for that source, improving the video response time. Please follow these steps:

1. Switch to the input on your Roku TV where your game console or computer is connected (e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AV).
  2. Press Star on your Roku TV remote.
  3. Use the directional pad to scroll up or down and select Picture settings. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote.
  4. Scroll and highlight Game Mode.
  5. Press left or right on the directional pad to turn Game mode On or off.

Note: Game mode cannot be turned on when watching streaming channels or over-the-air TV on the antenna input. If you notice a synchronization issue or other audio problem when using these sources, learn more about resolving general audio playback issues.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted on what you find out.
All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.