Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TCL Roku tv is on Black Screen 10/27/2022

I have exactly the same problem. I did the reset, and 30 sec, etc.

It is still not working.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If you have a black screen the most likely cause is that something failed within the TV.  Roku can't help you with that - they didn't make the TV.  Your warranty is with the manufacturer of the TV.  Again, Roku can't help you with that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Paul65
Streaming Star

Thanks. It really seems like a software issue though. You can tell it's getting power and trying to load but stops. Tried the flashlight test and it's not the back light. Plugged a laptop in and the laptop recognizes it, so probably not the main board being corrupted. It lights like it is on.. just nothing there. I dunno Contacted tlc and their response was "out of warranty" . TV shopping now. Whatever I pick, guarantee it won't be a tcl or roku.

Bobf1

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

55” tcl Roku tv. Screen went black while watching a show. Did all reset options, no success. What else can I do to fix the problem

0 Kudos
Paul65
Streaming Star

I've still had no luck.  Every potential "fix" has done nothing.  Even watched vids and was able to get it switched to ethernet without seeing the screen. No update.  Downloaded file onto USB thumb drive, managed to get to the USB in the blind.  Nothing.  So I'm shopping for a new tv...and it won't be a tcl or roku!

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Paul65

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We recommend restarting your Roku TV, Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart and unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes then plug it back in to resolve the issue. If the issue still persists, we would recommend you contact the TV manufacturer for the issue. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Regards,
Karla

Paul65
Streaming Star

Thanks for the standard "unplug the thing" answer.  Yeah, maybe the 7000th time restarting it will be the charm.

kapaba

Did as instructed and still black screen, even have my internet hard wired to tv.wth

0 Kudos
Paul65
Streaming Star

Same.  Throwing it in the trash.  My new Sony 85" that fans Google, not roku shows up Saturday.  Will never buy a tcl or roku anything again.

Hi I’m having an issue with my TCL Roku TV showing a black screen. it says here that you have to reset it (hold for 30 minutes) until the set up screen shows up. Did that but I still can’t see the set up screen. I tried to press the power button, the blue set up screen shows up for a millisecond then goes back to black again. Anything else I can do?

0 Kudos