Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

@RNicholas 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the information that I have requested in my last post?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
madarp
Channel Surfer

@RokuMary-F @RokuDanny-R Thank you for replying and engaging with the community to inform us that this Black Screen issue is actively being investigated by the engineering team.  I have attached a photo of the model sticker on my TCL TV if that helps to identify the firmware.

20230211_165731.jpg

I did try the bright flashlight against the screen but I cannot see any artifacts to read the info.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a long career in embedded systems, networking and consumer electronics.  If I can be of any help to the team from way out here in userland, I will be happy to poke a hole in my NAT router or run a trace with Wireshark or use whatever debugging system they might want to try.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @madarp,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information regarding the Black screen you are experiencing with your Roku TV.

I have passed along your concerns and additional information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Our priority is to get this resolved as soon as possible, and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
ShardayN

My screen is so dark I am unable to see if a recovery screen even pops up. Also the light under the tv continues to blink.

0 Kudos
Andy1993

Black screen but there is voice

I have a 55’ tcl roku tv and there is no picture the screen is black but I can raise volume and change channels. When I use a flashlight close to the screen I can see the channels and everything. Pls help how to fix it

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Black screen but there is voice

Hi @Andy1993,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having a black screen issue with your Roku TV. Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID (we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen)
    • date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thejolson
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue and did the tracker ID thing, I was able to see the info with a flashlight but not photograph it-

"Issue Report Tracker

Model C134X-Roku TV

Serial Number - X000009CDRTN(S02ST17CDRTN)

Software Version 11.5 Build 4312-93

Timestamp- 2022-11-23T22:29:387

Please issue ID TN-470-789 to report the current issue"

0 Kudos
thejolson
Reel Rookie

Also @RokuMary-F I've tried factory resetting and it would flash the Roku TV logo and go straight back to black.

0 Kudos
loopy123
Reel Rookie

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

I have this problem too with a 55S425 Roku/TCL TV.

Such a shame to throw this in the trash! 

How embarrassing to make such garbage products with your name on it!! 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @thejolson,

Thanks for providing the information needed. I have passed along your details to the Roku team for further investigation.

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with Roku TV having a black screen issue. Our Roku engineering team is working diligently to get this resolved as soon as possible, and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos