Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justin89

Re: TCL Roku tv is on Black Screen 10/27/2022

I’ve been trying to get my tv to work since the fall when all of these other people had the same issue. I’ve done all of the troubleshooting that everyone has and what they’ve recommended but still just flashes real quick and goes dark. What do I do?! This tv is not that old. 

0 Kudos
papidid

Re: TCL Roku tv is on Black Screen 10/27/2022

Hello, my niece gave me her TCL 75EP662 TV because it displays a black screen. I changed the TCON board, but the problem was still the same. After unplugging the flat connector (ribbon) which is connected to the left output of the TCON board towards the COF boards of the panel, I have half of the display. I plugged it back in and disconnected the leftmost COF board, and there I have 75% of the display. There is no visible damage on any board or any connector. No capacitor is shorted, no abnormally low resistance between COF board components and ground compared to a COF working. The TCON goes into security mode at the start of te TV, I think it's a problem with the panel itself.
If you have an image when approaching the lamp of your smartphone, then it is a problem with the backlight LEDs, and if your TV has the same symptoms as mine, there is a good chance that it is a panel problem.

Ivbouys
Binge Watcher

Re: ONN ROKU 65’ 4k #BlackScreenAfterUpdating

• When was the last time TV was used without issue  April 15 2023
  • When was the issue first noticed April 15 2023
  • Is the issue popping up when you start the TV  I see the red TCL/Roku boot screen flash but otherwise black screen
  • Is the issue happening during a content playback
    • If so, what streaming channel?  any/all attempts at usage
  • brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV)   TCL 55S405
  • Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID (we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen)
    • date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID   This I cannot do as no longer at that house
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight  See above about the boot screen
0 Kudos
Ivbouys
Binge Watcher

sorry model 55S435

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Ivbouys

Thanks for the follow-up.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Balajirci
Reel Rookie

I had to throw the tv out as this issue was not getting resolved- great job tcl huh

ChaPre03
Channel Surfer

I did submit a ticket to Roku support, but the service rep didn't know what I was referencing. So, just in case, my tv info:

*TCL Roku Tv 55"

*Model:55S423

*Serial#: X00000G1KLP0 (S041D991KLP0)

*Tracker Model #: C110X

*Tracker/Issue ID: P0-162-135

*Tracker Date/timestamp: 2023-04-23T17:3505Z

Last time it worked was the morning of April 18th. I first noticed the issue in the afternoon of April 18th. It stays black during all content play back and stays black from the initial start of the TV.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ChaPre03,

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue and providing all the information we requested.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in a solution. At this time, I have no update to provide but rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We will forward your valuable feedback to the concerned team. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gnetty

I've had my screen go black here and there in the past, and simply restarting the TV fixed it. But yesterday my 55" TCL Roku went black while I was watching TV, sound continued. Today it's the same issue, completely black screen with sound. I've done all the fixes. Holding the reset button, the light on the bottom flashes and I'll get a quick glimpse of the purple restart screen but it immediately goes black again. According to the Roku app on my phone, the TV has been factory reset as all my apps are no longer installed on the device (only shows various input options)

Model No. 7105X

Software Version (presumably after it's been reset) 11.5.0.4312

Device ID 9T684S171739

Serial No. YN00S4171739

0 Kudos
Ddtfit
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

I get a blue screen but it flashes off. It’s the recovery screen but I can do anything cause it’s just a flash.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.