Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RetroGiant
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

TCL R635, Roku 12. Was happy to see the 120hz/VRR issue fixed only to now having this problem every day. Have to restart at least once per day. Not sure who to blame, TCL or Roku but my money is on Roku. Regret this tv so much. Mainly happening when trying to play Xbox Series X. Guess it makes sense why TCL abandoned Roku. Software is absolute trash. I’ve already posted all the model numbers and trackers and everything in the 120hz/VRR threads. It’s clear this issue can’t be fixed as it’s been happening for a long time on multiple versions. Good luck to everyone and sorry you have to deal with this poor excuse for customer service.

NoMoreHocusTV
Channel Surfer

Here is the info on the back of the TV.  Again, not that I think the company will be doing anything about their horribly made software. 

20230505_183934.jpg

0 Kudos

TV “On” but Screen is black

I noticed a few days ago when I would try to turn my tv on, that it will “turn on” but it’s pitch black. When i use the buttons on my remote I can hear it on my tv, so I know it’s on. I’ve tried to reset over a dozen times, but nothing. I can’t even find a customer support phone number for Roku so I can get help for this. Can someone please help me fix my tv???

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV “On” but Screen is black

@jaclynnicolee, unless you have one of the new models of Roku TVs actually made by Roku you need to contact the manufacturer.  Don't get your hopes up.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rockaway1836
Binge Watcher

Re: TV “On” but Screen is black

Well I jinxed myself by posting last week that my 75 inch TCL had been working for about 10 days. The following day it went black again. This time nothing would bring it back. So this morning I threw it in the car and took it to the local recycling center. Now I'm crossing my fingers that the problem with my 11 year old 80 inch Sharp can be fixed easily. I really don't want to lose two giant TVs in the same week.

GasNoMas
Reel Rookie

Yeah, I too am bummed out by my TCL Roku TV. No picture and no sound. Set is only 2-3 years old. AND to make things worse, I also bought the external Roku speakers which I believe only work with the Roku TVs. So now not only do I have to throw out the TV, but the external speakers as well. Bummer! I’ll never buy a TCL TV again. My Samsungs have been going strong and I even have a 10+ year old Visio that still works fine. Live and learn……

0 Kudos
MalissaAK

70" Roku tv screen black but plays sound

Hi, our Roku tv will show the screens and let us select something on the apps but when it plays the screen is black. I unplugged it multiple times for 30 minutes and also 24 hours. Factory reset the tv, nothing is working. We've looked on Google and tried everything. Nothing seems to be working. It's doing this with all the apps. We tried casting YouTube from our phone to the tv as well and the video freezes with the sound continuing. We've had this tv for a year and that's it. No warranty. Please help

0 Kudos
Plzfixmyscreen
Channel Surfer

^^^^

This actually worked and fixed my black screen on my TCL 55S405

I HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS. IT WORKED FOR ME!

Make sure the TV is on when you hold down the reset button 5-10 seconds. The bottom light will start flashing when the favorite data reset begins and then your screen should come back on.

Also, I had done the home button 5x then back button 5x to get the issue that I was able to see with a flashlight. Then I found the above information and did the reset. TV working fine, now

0 Kudos
Ivbouys
Binge Watcher

What version of Roku ends up on it? I'll also attempt next time at that house where mine is

Plzfixmyscreen
Channel Surfer

Software Version: 11.5.0 Build: 4312-30