Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jculv002
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV - Multiple channel issues and slowness after 10.5 update

Not sure what has happened, but woke up this morning and all is well. Hulu, Prime, and Disney are all functioning, Youtube and motortrend are no longer slow as molasses. 

same Roku OS and build

all channels same version except Hulu. Looks like that channel updated. 

must have been something on the back end. 

0 Kudos
Badgerfan3
Binge Watcher

Happy for you … unfortunately I’m still having the same issues on my Roku tv. Only Netflix works 😞

0 Kudos
Xander777
Channel Surfer

Same issues here with my TCL.  Rebooting my router fixes the problem. For a day.

0 Kudos

I am having similar issues. Only for me, the only app I cannot run is Disney+. Hulu, Amazon, Netflix Youtube all work fine. The Whole roku system does seem insanely slow since the 10.5 update (I mean it takes forever it seems when I press * for a channel to even load the info) 

Here is all of my info:

Hisense Roku TV 7215X
Model Number 55R6+
Serial Number: YNOOKV449552 (HWC87K449552)
Software Version: 10.5.0 Build 4201-39
Uptime:22 hours 30minutes

Disney+
Version 1.17 Build 2021110300

Timestamp 2021-11-16t18:22:02Z
Issue ID 52-460-462

I updated on Thursday of last week, and have been unable to access Disney+ since. (all my other Roku devices are still running older versions and everything runs just fine, so I am avoiding the update like the plague right now.) So far, thankfully, Disney+ is the only casualty for me. That and time, as again, the entire system is much much slower. I hope you get this fixed soon.

0 Kudos
NickYork

Did full factory reset which yielded no results. Issue persists. 

0 Kudos
Badgerfan3
Binge Watcher

Thanks for taking one for the team, Nick! This is beyond frustrating!

0 Kudos
ratchetsup
Reel Rookie

Same for me here on Westinghouse WR43UX4019, Build 4201-AM. App info screens take ages, netflix works but no luck with hulu, prime, hbomax, disney+ or youtube. Even my homescreen ads and store are lagging behind. Ive reset everything to no avail.

0 Kudos
Xander777
Channel Surfer

Does this work for anyone else?  I rebooted my router and everything started working again but only for 1 day. Then I had to reboot the router again to fix the issue again for the next day.

0 Kudos
getjams
Reel Rookie

Adding to the pile here, my TCL Roku TV is nearly useless right now, the only way I can use it is to cast to the Chromecast built into the TV. @RokuDanny-R this really is one of the worst software updates I have ever run across for something I use every day. Here is my info:

TV is wired via ethernet to a Netgear Orbi AC4200 router, connected to a full gigabit fiber optic connection. Network test is successful 100% of the time, showing perfectly good download speed (over 86 Mbps). I have rebooted my router and the TV and nothing changes. I also tried switching to wireless internet on the TV and that made no difference.

Apps I tested:

Disney+ - not working, Error code 42
Plex - yes but very slow to load
Youtube TV - yes but VERY slow to load both the app and the TV guide (images don't show for many seconds)
Hulu - no - network error
HBO Max - loaded slowly, tried to watch Dune in 4k, won't play
Amazon Prime Video - very slow to load - then internet connectivity error
Netflix - yes loads the fastest of all the apps and seems to be working

System update was run before these tests so all apps are up to date. The app update process is also painfully slow now. 

The other strange issue is now the volume of the TV is much lower. It's connected to a Sonos Amp via HDMI ARC and since the 10.5 update I have to turn my Sonos up much louder to get the same volume level as before the upgrade. 

I am able to easily and successfully cast all channels from my tablet to the TV's built in Chromecast in 4k/Dolby Vision.

Issue report tracker:

Model: 7120X - Roku TV

Serial number: YS00H9072143 (Device ID: FV28AH072143)

Software Version: 10.5.0 build 4201-30

Timestamp: 2021-11-17T23:50:42Z

Issue ID 43-462-230

0 Kudos
EmmieDasinger17
Reel Rookie

Factory Reset my entire TV and apps still won't load I've tried my peacock and discovery + and I can't watch anything on my bedroom TV but my other tvs also roku TV will play them. 

0 Kudos