Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jockoe
Streaming Star

No volume numbers are displayed on the television

I been using a Roku Streambar, connected to my Samsung televion using HDMI ARC port, as my streaming player/soundbar. The other day, I hooked up a Roku Ultra to the tv, but left the streambar to serve as just a soundbar. When I volume up/down using the remote, I am not getting any volume numbers on my television. I've tried programming my remote using IR and CEC. Both work fine, but neither give me the volume numbers. I'm not sure what else I can try. Is there something I'm overlooking?

Model - 4802X
Serial - X01000D725G5

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No volume numbers are displayed on the television

Hi @jockoe,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this problem. Have you tried using the Roku remote along with the Roku streambar? Let's try to see if that will work. If the problem still persists, please try to restart your Roku device by going to settings, system, and system restart.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jockoe
Streaming Star

Hi @RokuJohnB 

I do see the volume numbers if I use the Streambar, but I want to use the Streamber for audio only.

I have restarted my Ultra and even did a factory reset and set it up again.  Nothing seems to work.  

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@jockoe,

Thanks for the update!

Please be advised that both Roku devices have the same operating system. If your TV has optical input try to connect it with your Roku streambar and see if you're able to hear audio from it.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jockoe
Streaming Star

Hi @RokuERey @RokuJohnB 

I just found something interesting.  I just hooked up a soundbar to my 2nd television, which also uses a Roku device, and am no longer seeing the volume numbers.  I was seeing them when I was using the TV speakers to output the sound, but they disappeared once I hooked up a soundbar.

My original post makes more sense now.  I was seeing the volume numbers when I used my Streambar as the only device on  my main television, but once I hooked up the Roku Ultra and started using the Streambar as a soundbar only is when I lost the volume numbers on my main TV.

Do you think a television setting might be stopping me from seeing the volume  numbers?

0 Kudos