StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Sound bar Pro bass boost missing on sound settings menu

Roku OS 11 changed your sound settings. Now you can select from standard, movie and more. You can also turn the bass and treble up separately 

https://www.roku.com/blog/roku-os-11

wbemb
Channel Surfer

Thank you, I know I can do it separately. I like the change! Bass Boost was just too restrictive. I like selection. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a device problem. I've got both woofer & rear speakers.
I wish they'd come up with better separation on the device itself! Hard to get good separation from a 32" unit.
The unit plus addons are already waaay overpriced!!

StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@wbemb  I have a 65” TCL Roku TV with the Roku wireless speakers and subwoofer. Love it. I bought speaker stands too

0 Kudos
BCRouk111970
Binge Watcher

Re: No more bass boost? Audio menu changed

Tell me about it, I still have not found a sweet spot yet.

billfuller
Binge Watcher

First time Roku has gone backwards in their updates which means not doing the right amount of testing. That’s bad. I have all Roku speakers bass boost feature really highlights the deep bass in the wireless speakers as well as the sub woofer. Now they sound inferior with out that feature. Now it sounds like I need a subwoofer and I have one. Not good Roku not good

StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@billfuller  Ummm. I never needed bass boost and I have the Roku wireless speakers and subwoofer. It’s called turn the bass up yourself. Mine is set to 4 and treble is set to 6. I use movie mode. You probably never adjusted your bass and treble but it was always there. It ranges from 0-10

billfuller
Binge Watcher

bass boost was noticable now ive found the best sound is movie,leveling,high,bass and treble all the way up, but it still doesnt hold a candle to bass boost. doesnt sound as good anymore especially at low volume. all it would take is a simple test but that was evidently not done based on its inferior sound to the preveios update

BCRouk111970
Binge Watcher

I agree with you on all of this and thanks for the setting suggestions. I have tried different settings for 5 days and nothing compares to Bass Boost. I wish Roku would bring it back!

BCRouk111970
Binge Watcher

Roku please bring back Bass Boost!!

Not sure how to get Roku to do this. Please bring back the Bass Boost setting to Roku Audio products. Since the most recent update the sound quality has suffered. I know a lot of people have tried all kinds of combos of the new audio settings but nothing compares to Bass Boost (which is gone). Please if you support this lets try to get Roku to listen.

Tags (1)
PatBez
Channel Surfer

This might sound naive, but is there any way to get roku to switch this BACK?