Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatBez
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku please bring back Bass Boost!!

Seriously, Roku, I've spent all this $ for surround sound, and you take away BASS BOOST!? switch it back

BCRouk111970
Binge Watcher

Re: No more bass boost? Audio menu changed

I wish I knew how I would do it.

0 Kudos
EP512
Binge Watcher

Yes the change to the menu for the subwoofer is a step backwards.  The sound is diminished without the bass boost.  Also, it was convenient to turn the bass off when you want to watch something late at night.  We should all let Roku tech help know we are not happy with the change.  

EP512
Binge Watcher

Re: Sound bar Pro bass boost missing on sound settings menu

To my ears, the new setting diminished the overall sound of my soundbar, subwoofer and wireless speakers.  Even when I set the bass up to 9 the sound does not seem to be as enhanced as it was with the bass boost option.  Also, having the bass off as an option was much better, rather than having to click all the notches to the left.  They should have left well enough alone.  

This is what I have found to be the best (mind you I listen mostly to Hip-Hop, so bass is a must!) : Sound = Music, Volume = Off, Speech = Off, Surround = On, Bass = 10, Treble = 0. This is after I played with the settings quite a bit, but this is the best sound I have noticed for max bass, decent treble; very close to what bass boost was. Enjoy Y'all!

FastFurious
Roku Guru

@wheresthebass22  That’s what you like. Everyone’s ears are different. If you have a subwoofer 10 is way too much bass

0 Kudos
jtac140
Reel Rookie

Roku wireless speakers...what happened to the bass?

As the description states, I'm wondering why my Roku wireless speakers sound "weak" in comparison to how they sounded before the Roku update. Music, movies and games had more bass in it than it does now. I know you have the independent bass and treble options under sound settings, but it doesn't sound nearly as good as they did before the update. Even with the bass set to max, the bass from the wireless speakers just doesn't sound as good as it did before. For instance, when I listened to bass heavy tracks before the update, I actually felt some vibration from the speakers. Not anymore. I hope Roku does an update to fix this for those of us that don't have the option of using a subwoofer because we stay in apartments.

FastFurious
Roku Guru

Re: Roku wireless speakers...what happened to the bass?

@jtac140  I have the Roku wireless speakers and subwoofer paired  to my Roku TV. I live in a very large apartment and the subwoofer is not an issue. The Roku wireless speakers really don’t have much based because they’re meant to be used as surroundsound speakers. With Roku 10.5 I had plenty of bass. Sound was set to normal and bass at 4 and treble at 6. Now I set the sound to movie and did not touch any other settings. Leveling is off. With Roku 11 the sound schemes changed. But the wireless speakers aren’t supposed to have bass. They aren’t meant to. That’s why you pair it with a subwoofer. I have a Samsung Soundbar with subwoofer on another tv. The soundbar is nothing without the sub. 

jtac140
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku wireless speakers...what happened to the bass?

Trust me I get what you're saying, but it just had more of a bass presence, or at least seemed like it had more bass than what it was. I may just have to invest in the other pieces, but the fact is my apartment is really small and the walls here are paper thin, which is why I don't want to go with the subwoofer, but I might just have to bite the bullet so to speak and pick one up so I can play with it for a bit. I do have another question if you don't mind me asking though. Maybe I'm just getting older, but the speakers seem to produce a muffled bass dialogue with certain vocals coming through the speakers. Not sure if I'm the only one hearing them this way, but does the soundbar help with the muffled bass response with male vocals? Majority of the time it's fine, but some dialogue is hard to understand because of that. I know we have the speech clarity option now, and I've been playing around with it, but it also reduces overall bass frequencies. Anyway, thanks for the input 😁👍👍

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-when did you start realize that this feature was missing
-relevant screenshots so we can better understand the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator