Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b609jk
Reel Rookie

No longer able to view episodes

Looks like there was a recent update to the Roku software (June 2023). After the update we can no longer view all the episodes to a TV show. You are locked in to one episode and after you watch it you can never back up and see it again nor can you look ahead at future episodes. Why was this feature eliminated?  My wife and I use it all the time.

20 REPLIES 20
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No longer able to view episodes

Hi @b609jk

Welcome to the Roku Community post!

We understand that you're having a problem with episodes since they can't be viewed on the TV show that you want to watch. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• What device are you using right now? (e.g. Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV)
  • Is the issue happening on all contents/channels, or is this isolated to 1 content/channel? (Specify the name of the channel)

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Pari2023
Reel Rookie

We are having the same problem. Very upsetting, especially for my Mom. We cannot watch what we want, we’re forced to see only one episode and cannot choose, and cannot watch that episode again, and cannot go to other episodes. We need assistance. I tried “contact us” on this site, but cannot find a person, just many drop down menus. Please help. We’d like to continue with Roku, but things are very expensive these days (like groceries, rent was raised, etc)…and we’d like Roku to be the viewer friendly way it was or we may have to unsubscribe to channels. 

Pari2023
Reel Rookie

We are having the same problem.    To answer your questions, 1. We have Roku Express and 2. It is the same problem on all channels, and with episodes and documentaries. It is very upsetting, especially for my Mom. We cannot watch what we want, we’re forced to see only one episode and cannot choose, and cannot watch that episode again, and cannot go to other episodes. We need assistance. I tried “contact us” on this site, but cannot find a person, just many drop down menus. Please help. We’d like to continue with Roku, but things are very expensive these days (like groceries, rent was raised, etc)…and we’d like Roku to be the viewer friendly way it was or we may have to unsubscribe to channels. 

Delilah
Reel Rookie

With new update in June 2023 cannot look at all episodes for a show.  In addition the continue watching function does not work.  I have to search for the program and select.  Who developed this new software? It most user unfriendly. Might have to go back to Prime.

Delilah
Reel Rookie

Viewing on a Hisense Roku  Tv.  The problem is with all the channels.

0 Kudos
Jeansond

Same issue here. The option to view all episodes when I select to continue watching a show is gone and I have to search for the show, view all episodes, find the season I was watching, and find the episode I want to go back to. Ridiculous. It worked fine before. Why was this removed? I use this every day!

Delilah
Reel Rookie

A possible solution.  Select the Saved button on the left hand side of the screen.  The program should go to Save List.  Scroll on down to it. Select the program and the button All Seasons is there.  You should be able to select that button to see program seasons. Under the Ring Channel button will show what season and episode you are on.  You can select that button to watch.  I hope this helps.  Found it out by playing around.

Delilah
Reel Rookie

Sorry. Should be Roku Channel button.

0 Kudos
b609jk
Reel Rookie

Thank you very much.  This works but it is not as convenient as the feature in the previous version of the software.