Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pwd11

No cable channels with Coaxial cable

Jump to solution

I have an onn Roku tv and no cable box but I have cable.  I connected the coax cable and it says CABLE No signal Is it on?  I tried a different cable that works with a different tv but that didn’t help.  I can’t find anywhere it says antenna on the settings for input.  The only cable graphic says hdmi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No cable channels with Coaxial cable

Jump to solution

We're grateful for your first post here in the Roku Community, @Pwd11!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to help you set up an antenna on your ONN Roku TV so you can stream your local channels.

Depending on where you live, you may be able to receive free “over-the-air” TV broadcasts from nearby TV stations using an HDTV antenna. You can refer to Antenna Web for more information on accessing “over-the-air” TV in your area and finding and using an HDTV antenna.

To access “over-the-air” broadcast television, the HDTV antenna must be connected to the Live TV input of your TV.

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the back of your TV
  2. Press Home on your Roku remote
  3. Select Live TV
  4. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup

Note: If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.

For reference, here's our support article dedicated to this: How to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No cable channels with Coaxial cable

Jump to solution

We're grateful for your first post here in the Roku Community, @Pwd11!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to help you set up an antenna on your ONN Roku TV so you can stream your local channels.

Depending on where you live, you may be able to receive free “over-the-air” TV broadcasts from nearby TV stations using an HDTV antenna. You can refer to Antenna Web for more information on accessing “over-the-air” TV in your area and finding and using an HDTV antenna.

To access “over-the-air” broadcast television, the HDTV antenna must be connected to the Live TV input of your TV.

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the back of your TV
  2. Press Home on your Roku remote
  3. Select Live TV
  4. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup

Note: If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.

For reference, here's our support article dedicated to this: How to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.