Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nothappy4me
Reel Rookie

New Roku tv volume at 100 can't hear much

I've tried all the different sound settings but the volume on everything is still very low. Did I buy a defective TV?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku tv volume at 100 can't hear much

Hi @nothappy4me,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an audio issue with the Roku TV. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information: 

• What Roku model device are you using?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Could you provide an example movie title in that you experienced this issue?
  • Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your Roku TV setup?
  • Have you tried taking a look here at our Support resources and following the steps to help resolve the audio issue? What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nothappy4me
Reel Rookie

It's a onn Roku tv the model is 100012590.

The volume when on 100 is what it should be when it's on 20. I have only the built-in speakers and the volume problem is with anything I watch. All channels and even my laptop when connected.

I've tried all the different settings for audio now it's on Auto. Both TV speakers are working and I can hear what's playing but it's very soft.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@nothappy4me 

This issue has been reported a few times with the Onn.  I do think you have a defective TV, but users have reported success by unplugging TV from power for a minute or two and then plugging back in.  Some reported this resolved issue, others reported they had to repeat this occassionally.

If the issue returns, I would return the TV as you should not have to unplug a TV repeatedly to cure problems.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Benedlr
Roku Guru

My 1 year and 3 year old sets do the same. I run in the 70's. I bought the remote speakers for my main set. The sound is much improved. I'm now at 18, the stereo separation is great and there are background sounds I never heard before. Tiny speakers don't put out.

0 Kudos