Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rolf838
Channel Surfer

New Roku Streambar keeps rebooting randomly

I have a new Roku Streambar and it will randomly freeze, and then reboots.  This has happened at least 5 times since I got the Steambar on 10-19-2020.  However, most of those have happened in the past two weeks.  Otherwise, the unit seems to be working fine.  I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if Roku is aware of this issue.

64 REPLIES 64
Slmayhugh
Binge Watcher

Re: New Roku Streambar keeps rebooting randomly

I also just received the newest streaming sound bar. Just recently the unit has been resetting on its own. The show I’m watching freezes, then about 20 seconds later the unit restarts and brings up the ROKU initializing screen.  I don’t have to do passwords, the unit just resets. 

Model: 9102X. Serial#YL00EA156148

Device ID: 2A108E156148.

Software 9.4.0 Build 4190-95

slmayhugh

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rolf838 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Slmayhugh 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
EdBri
Channel Surfer

Yes, I received a Streambar from Amazon a couple of days ago and it's doing the same thing. It drops the wireless signal a few times a day. After reading through the Amazon reviews I've noticed a couple of other people who are having the same problem.

Rolf838
Channel Surfer

Danny... Info you requested

Model 9102R-Roku streambar

Serial  YL001E183987

Software  9.4.0 build 4190-95

Device ID 2A1081183987

No specific channel / random

Next event I will press the home button 5 times and the Back button 5 times

Thanks for your attention

0 Kudos
Slmayhugh
Binge Watcher

I have noticed that the issue occurs mainly when using “PLUTO” streaming service

0 Kudos
Rolf838
Channel Surfer

I watch CBSN a lot in the morning.. I'll have to switch to Pluto for that and see if I can duplicate it.  I know it happened once while I was using Tablo cause it happened during Jeopardy which is the only time it annoyed me.  🙂

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Slmayhugh @Rolf838 

Thanks for the posts.

If you do see the issue occur again, please make sure to provide us with the Tracker ID so we can pass that information along to the appropriate team to investigate what you are seeing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@EdBri 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos