Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix doesn’t work but other apps do

Jump to solution

No, it didn't work for me! Netflix told me to buy a Roku Firestick. My Smart TV is five years old and might be outdated. have Roku stick that's about three years odl. Do you think that a Firestick, 3rd gen will help my Netflix all other streaming channels work great. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Netflix doesn’t work but other apps do

Jump to solution

Hello, I did try that at an earlier date and again today but didn't work. All other streams move like the bullet train. I tried modem reboots as well, new batteries, etc. Today I did the 10-second unplug from provider box and TV.

Called NF 2x. First lady didn't know at all. I knew that someone there had to be familiar with this. The next time I phoned, a young man told me he believes my TV of four years old is too old to be updated and not matching with my Roku stick and NF so I should try the Amazon F-stick. He said that is what he did and now NF works well. 

Not getting stick for a few days when I can get to B-Buy.

I hope that helps. Will let you know.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lindadee7ok,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that the Netflix channel didn't work on your end. Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel.' Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Add the channel again once your player starts up again, specifically in that order.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello, I did try that at an earlier date and again today but didn't work. All other streams move like the bullet train. I tried modem reboots as well, new batteries, etc. Today I did the 10-second unplug from provider box and TV.

Called NF 2x. First lady didn't know at all. I knew that someone there had to be familiar with this. The next time I phoned, a young man told me he believes my TV of four years old is too old to be updated and not matching with my Roku stick and NF so I should try the Amazon F-stick. He said that is what he did and now NF works well. 

Not getting stick for a few days when I can get to B-Buy.

I hope that helps. Will let you know.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.