Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TacoTaco
Reel Rookie

Need to find model number of TV with Roku

Jump to solution

I have a Sharp TV (model LC-58Q7330U) that will not start up. Just shows the Roku logo for a few seconds and then turns off, shows the logo a few seconds, turns off in an endless loop. I wanted to try to recovery it by using a USB drive with a firmware image. I'm unable to acquire this as I don't know the Roku Model Number and since the TV is in a boot loop I can't access any menus to see it.

I do have both the TV serial number and a serial number from the Roku portal if needed, but I apparently need the Roku Model Number to get the firmware.

Is anyone able to help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need to find model number of TV with Roku

Jump to solution

"YN" would be a 7000X series Roku 4k TV.  I think sometimes there may be a more specific number when it comes to TVs, so I hope 7000X is good enough.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
renojim

Jump to solution

What are the first two characters of the serial number?  I may be able to get a Roku model number from them if no one else has the same TV.

0 Kudos
TacoTaco
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

First two of the TV: 58

First two from Roku portal: YN

Thanks!

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

"YN" would be a 7000X series Roku 4k TV.  I think sometimes there may be a more specific number when it comes to TVs, so I hope 7000X is good enough.

TacoTaco
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That got me started in the right direction, mine is specifically 7234X. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Glad you got it sorted out and happy to help!

0 Kudos
LacesOutDan17
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm currently having this issue with my 58 inch Sharp Roku tv. Tv worked great up until 2/6/21. Turned the tv on that day and it'll go to the Sharp-Roku TV logo in white display page, disappear to a black screen then continue flashing the Sharp-Roku TV logo in white logo then back to black screen continuously. I don't know if this was an update issue or what but Roku support is virtually no help at all. If anyone knows a solution for this, post it please. I have a 58 inch paperweight on my hands that I'm ready to throw out the window. 

renojim

Jump to solution

Try Sharp support since their the ones that made the TV.  Roku only supplies the software.

0 Kudos
LacesOutDan17
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sorry, should've mentioned that I have already talked with sharp twice and was directed back to roku. 

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@LacesOutDan17 wrote: was directed back to roku. 

I call it collusion tactics. Nobody's responsible for anything. It's the constant theme. (The person's thread you replied to had to divine the Roku model number from thin air. There's no cross reference -- even though customers repeatedly demonstrate a need for it. That's how obfuscated the boundaries are. There's different model numbers depending on who you talk to.).

If I were you, I'd try the pinhole factory reset on the back of the tv. Unplug, press the power button for a minute to drain any capacitive energy. Then hold the pinhole reset button while plugging the tv in. Continue holding it 15-20 seconds until the front light flashes or dims (? This is a little unclear to me how the different brands might work). If you end up in the setup screen, you can tell it you'll connect to internet later. See if the problem exists when watching antenna tv or streaming through HDMI port.

Another thing you could try is the so-called cache clean:

Hit HOME 5 times.
UP once.
REWIND twice.
FAST FORWARD twice. (Clears cache & tv reboots itself. Be patient. It takes 2-3 minutes for the tv to go black, and come back on)

If the tv is recognizing the remote (long enough to press those keys), it might fix it. It fixes some problems that factory reset doesn't.

These tvs have a modular board assembly. You can find videos about how to replace boards to fix different problems. That might be your only option if the above doesn't work.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos