Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

43 inch TCL Roku TV black screen but has sound

Jump to solution

Same as Reese...My Roku TV TCL just randomly went blank today but I can still hear the sounds. It flashes the logo once I reset the tv but goes back to a black screen. It does that every time I reset it. I tried resetting it, turning it off for a couple of minutes, and unplugging it for a couple of minutes. I don’t what is going on with my tv. Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
Terik
Channel Surfer

Re: 43 inch TCL Roku TV black screen but has sound

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me last night. Have been trying the basics, reset button on back near cable almost gets it going, the all I get is the voice of the screen reader. Frustrated.

Terik
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 2 of these tvs and the one with the problem is much newer.  I'm going to go out and get new batteries for my remote. That's all I can think of. It turns on with the button under the TCL logo but I can't go any further maybe it's because of the remote? I'm going to try if it works I'll post

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Terik, don't bother buying a remote.  Your backlight has probably failed.  You'll find many, many, many reports of the same thing here and elsewhere on the Internet.  If your TV is still under warranty, contact the manufacturer.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Terik
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You are correct. I did the chat process with Roku, then spoke to the manufacturer. He walked me thru more verification steps and it is the backlight.  I think I'm covered. We will see.   I'm not happy it's having this issue. I have another one, same model 43" and it is acting up too, keeps disconnecting from the internet and won't reconnect for hours. Every night.

Terik
Channel Surfer

Re: My screen is black with sound help

Jump to solution

That doesn't work. It's not a software issue, it's the tv. Verified with the manufacturer. I think the backlight is defective, I told them everyone is experiencing this problem.

Lparga
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Even worse to hear from the rep that they send out to your house to exchange out the TV, he says this is the fault of this TV (any Roku)  in high demand and them making these TVs too fast and they're not lasting. Come on, everybody has a black screen with only sound which means backlight went out? come on Roku!!!

Netto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was having same problem, I went into settings and changed the brightness level from brighter to bright. It’s been working fine for one day so far

0 Kudos
Netto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just to update, it’s still working correctly 

0 Kudos
Netto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I appreciate feedback, your comment leads me to think two things, either you didn’t understand me (I’m not having anymore problems) or you’re saying I will still have problems. Please be direct, if the latter, then you should say: Since the issue WILL persist after this workaround.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.