Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My screen is black with sound help

Jump to solution

I went to switch my tcl Roku tv from Hulu to HBO it went black with sounds of the remote.. just a black screen I tried to reset it with remote power off and on.. please help tv might be 4 years old 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My screen is black with sound help

Jump to solution

@Meredith183, sorry, but you'll find many, many reports of the same thing. Try unplugging the power for an extended period like overnight and see if the picture comes back.  If it does, turn down the brightness.  That may keep it from happening in the future.

If it doesn't come back and if you can shine a bright light on your TV and see a picture, something within the TV has failed.  Replacing the failed component probably isn't something the average user can do, but you can search the Internet for instructions and what you'd need to buy.

It would be TCL's responsibility, but given that it's long out of warranty they won't help you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Meredith183, sorry, but you'll find many, many reports of the same thing. Try unplugging the power for an extended period like overnight and see if the picture comes back.  If it does, turn down the brightness.  That may keep it from happening in the future.

If it doesn't come back and if you can shine a bright light on your TV and see a picture, something within the TV has failed.  Replacing the failed component probably isn't something the average user can do, but you can search the Internet for instructions and what you'd need to buy.

It would be TCL's responsibility, but given that it's long out of warranty they won't help you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Dale9696

Jump to solution

My tv is doing the same thing but when I shine a light at it. It doesn't show anything at all.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dale9696,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having the same issue and we appreciate your report about this.

To confirm, are you still hearing sound on the Roku TV? In addition, let us know the brand and model of your Roku TV.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JodiPen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My tv went out and they said I’m on my own. 

0 Kudos
AnnieB3

Jump to solution

Make sure your Roku device/stick shows a blinking light before plugging it back into the TV.

0 Kudos