Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennym873

My screen is BLACK i have a TCL ROKU TV

Jump to solution

My screen is black an i can still hear when i turn it on and click the remote. it’s been like this for 3 days i even left it unplugged for a day and nothing. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My screen is BLACK i have a TCL ROKU TV

Jump to solution

Hi @jennym873,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with your TV. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know when you first started seeing this issue? Did it happen after the new software update? Also, kindly try to turn on your TV again, and when you hear the sound on the Home screen, use a flashlight and directly point it at your TV screen to see if you can still see anything. If not, or if it has a faint picture, it may be possible to have a hardware issue.

You can refer to this link to directly contact Support for your Roku TV.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your response!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jennym873,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with your TV. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know when you first started seeing this issue? Did it happen after the new software update? Also, kindly try to turn on your TV again, and when you hear the sound on the Home screen, use a flashlight and directly point it at your TV screen to see if you can still see anything. If not, or if it has a faint picture, it may be possible to have a hardware issue.

You can refer to this link to directly contact Support for your Roku TV.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your response!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PauloMaciel79
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem with mine. I have to make a master reset, like, weekly, but now even this procedure do not work anymore. It seems like the TV functions when she wants to function. One day is working, another day isn´t. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @PauloMaciel79

It's our pleasure to welcome you here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. We'd be more than glad to assist. Could you please provide us with the following details for us to better understand the issue you're experiencing?

• Are you hearing any audio/sounds when the Roku TV is powered on while the screen is black?
  • What brand is your Roku TV?
  • When did you first encounter the issue?
  • How are you powering the TV? Is it through a power strip or directly through a wall outlet?

We hope to hear back from you with the requested details, and we'll continue to assist you moving forward.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PauloMaciel79
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Kash, when I turn on the TV the red light blinks some times and the screen seems to be lighted, but without image. I can hear the sound of what’s on TV, but can’t see anything and when I turn off, I hear the sound of the turning off TV.

My TV is a 43S5195/78G

The problem started about a year ago and, like I wrote above, there are days that the TV works fine and days that she don’t like to work.

The power is directly through a wall.

What makes me sad is that the master reset isn’t working anymore, since last week.

I don’t have any doubt that the problem is with the software, I guess the RokuOS, and honestly if there is a way to uninstall de OS and make the TV function like a regular TV would be excellent.

Thanks for the attention.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for acknowledging our response, and we appreciate you for keeping us posted, @PauloMaciel79 

Could you please try to point a flashlight on your Roku TV screen while it's powered on to see if you're able to see the display? This would determine if it's a software of hardware issue.

Keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.