Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_LK_
Reel Rookie

My roku tv started flashing two lines across the top and bottom of the screen.

every 3 seconds or so a small strip on the top of the screen (running the whole length of the screen) and a thicker strip and the bottom of the screen (also running the whole length of the screen)  flashes and causes the screen to glitch and fall behind for a split second. is there a way to fix this?  

i have a 58 in 4k uhd TV

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My roku tv started flashing two lines across the top and bottom of the screen.

Hi @_LK_,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue with Roku TV showing two lines on the screen.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing so we can understand the issue? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
_LK_
Reel Rookie

Re: My roku tv started flashing two lines across the top and bottom of the screen.

3768A217-7C07-4E00-AFA8-8617B8C73676.jpeg

A7C54409-9259-4335-BA12-9A68441C382D.jpeg

32F7F333-D7C1-49AD-83CF-162C666DAD80.jpeg

here’s a few photos for better reference. this flashing problem happens on every app as well as the devices plugged into hdmi (playstation in this case). not only does it distort the picture but causes a slight delay in the feed/game which is the more frustrating part. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @_LK_,

Thanks for following up.

We're very sorry to hear of the trouble. Have you tried contacting ONN support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach ONN support here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2
or call 1-844-334-2355

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Did you ever get this resolved?  I have contacted Costco where I purchased the Roku TV but they only have a 90 day warranty and Roku only has a 1 year warranty!  The TV was purchased two years ago to the day!  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @F1f1snowflake,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your posting about the issue with your Roku TV. We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience.

For more help and assistance with this type of issue, you'll need to contact the manufacturer of your Roku TV. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can locate their support contact information here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV - Roku Community

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
_LK_
Reel Rookie

the problem has since gone away. I didn’t do anything to fix it, so i’d imagine it might be a computer thing. tv still works and looks amazing. just had a little hiccup for a few days i guess 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @_LK_,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the update about the issue with your Roku TV.

We're glad to know it's working now. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you for using our services. Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos