Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lilchrismedia
Reel Rookie

My roku tv is acting up when i connect my phone and then disconnect my phone

My roku TV keeps popping up switching to roku when i disconnect a device like my phone. And every once and a while the tv say it is disconnected from the internet and will freeze to the point I have to unplug it to force restart the device

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My roku tv is acting up when i connect my phone and then disconnect my phone

Hi @Lilchrismedia,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about this behavior. We would be more than happy to look into this, and we'll need details for us to have a further understanding of what you're experiencing. What channel/feature are you trying to access when this issue occurs? Also, what are the steps to reproduce the issue?

Once we have this information, we'll be able to assist you better.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lilchrismedia
Reel Rookie

Re: My roku tv is acting up when i connect my phone and then disconnect my phone

It happens when for example i connect my youtube app on my phone to my tv and then press my remote

0 Kudos
Lilchrismedia
Reel Rookie

Here is a video example https://youtu.be/BSyH8xn1GM8 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the additional details about this, @Lilchrismedia.

Could you tell us if you're trying to cast content from your phone to your Roku TV?

If so, you may refer to this link: How to cast apps like YouTube or Netflix from your phone to a TV.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lilchrismedia
Reel Rookie

Yes. And before you ask only this TV does it. I have multiple smart TV's in my house

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for your response!

Could you tell us what Roku TV this is? Is this a Roku-branded TV? Or Roku-partnered TV (ONN, TCL, and Hisense)? Have you also tried the suggested options above to see if they work for you?

Let us know more about this, and we'll work further. Thanks!

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.